I Only Post Everything
1389 posts

Re: Anbody besides me actually like trophies?

Dec 11, 2009
I don't mind them.  It's more incentive to replay a game to achieve those other awards and bonuses, for those who need more convincing.  It's why I'm replaying Mirror's Edge, at the moment.

Hosted by imgur.com
"He who cannot obey himself is commanded...The devotion of the greatest is to encounter risk and danger, and play dice for death...And life itself confided this secret to me: 'Behold,' it said, 'I am that which must always overcome itself.'"
—Thus Spoke Zarathustra: Pt. II, On Self-Overcoming
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 11, 2009
I really digg the trophies..gives the games more replay value imo..
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
482 posts

Dec 11, 2009
Besides that fact that trophies are extra goals to achieve in games, I also like getting trophies because i often rent games and when i do i strive for those trophies as i almost look at them as keep sakes for that game. I compare and check through my trophies ALL the Time!! kind of an interesting game for some of my friends ex: "Hey look at my psn card lol im lvl 12 50% and your still at 30% lol im winning you must obey me now lol!!:smileyvery-happy:" Stupid bragging rights like that, all in the name of fun . Ill admit im sort of a trophy **bleep** but not as bas as some though, lol i have the #2 ranked trophy hunter on my list: lvl 26.. and got damn does he have alot. he goes for those ones no one would touch ie: hannah montanna, but also platinums some of the hard ones as well. lol i dont even compare trophies with him anymore because to load to sync is way to long to see all his awards. Trophies are fun! if you dont like them you dont have to worry about it, if you do like em BRAG away! A trophy reward system would be cool as in ex: get to lvl 10 5$ off your next psn purchase, lvl15- 10$ off. But sony is giving us Free online and they didnt do trophy rewards its not big deal because im still happy about free online
alchemy528

&
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Dec 11, 2009
The trophies are great, they were a welcomed addition back when they were added. I do however find their implementation lacking - sync times can be insanely long, and open up player profiles/comparing trophies through the PS3 can be just as bad. 
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Dec 11, 2009
I love trophies too, in fact, I love them so much that I don't wanna play my PSP anymore, I know, silly me. Because of trophies, I try to achieve things that I wouldn't even try, like on Infamous for example, why on earth you would try to do all the stunts if wasn't for a trophy?    If you do all the stunts and get something on the game or any different power, then yes, I would try if the game didn't have any trophy, but it doesn't do anything and it's frustrating to achieve, I only did because of the trophy (I've mentioned the stunts trophy, but this trophy it's actually easy compared to some other games).
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Dec 11, 2009
they r just 4 braggin rites period
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Dec 11, 2009

I got into them as soon as I got my first trophies from Linger In Shadows.

Now I'm obsessed.

5 Platinums so far. 

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Dec 11, 2009
I like them. It gives me incentive to keep playing a game.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Dec 11, 2009

I enjoy trophies, I really like them. I just wish you could remove them? Confused? Let me explain:

My friend brought over Resistance 2, we installed it, played it for a few muinets, and stopped. I deleted the game data, but I still have the part in the trophies section (which is at 0%) I wish there could be a way you could remove or hide certin games.

Kratos Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 42 (5 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Dec 11, 2009
Woooo, I love trophies. Now when I decide to purchase a new game I need to see if it has good trophies to unlock. Its kind of addictive but in a good way. It also add replay value to the game. I also think there should be a reward system working along side the trophies so other gamers would have an incentive to keep playing and winning trophies.
We all serve one master and his name is GAMING !!!!

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 42 (5 Views)
0 Likes