Highlighted
Jun 29 2010
By: br0-06 First Son 13 posts

Note: to Sony from a Fanboy

10 replies 120 views Edited Jun 29, 2010

Ok I am a fanboy, but PLUS is not ready for launch.  The offerings thus far are to say it lightly offensive.  Automatic Updates AWESOME but you should give us that for free cause we lost reverse compatibility as an option we lost "other OS"  with features lost some features should have been gained.   

You lose free content when you unsubscribe??? Ok I pay 50 bucks upfront and all i get to keep is what i buy?  but I get demos before my friends so I can brag and tell them the next new thing? Great if I am 12yrs old, but hey a big number of your players are 20 to 40 yrs old.  

So what do I expect?
I expect auto updates and cross game chat for free... Take care of what you took away

What should I subscribeto PLUS for?
Netflix XMB
Hulu XMB
Skype?
Full Web Browsing?

Movie rental service that provides specials and maybe a freebie
Game rental service that provides specials and maybe a freebie

Discounts I can use toward what I choose even if its a modest percentage

Dont tell me its free with subscription but tell me i lose it when i quit paying that's RENTALs

I appreciate your trying to provide a great service but its a bit offensive this is the service we launched.

Come on Sony help me sing your praises dont pick pocket me

Message 1 of 11 (120 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: Note: to Sony from a Fanboy

Jun 29, 2010

Sony doesn't read this.

And I think your requests are unrealistic for $50. You're already getting exlusives, freebies, etc.

Game like there's no tomorrow...and help other gamers do the same.
Message 2 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Jun 29, 2010
Sorry, but it's their rules. Ain't nothing you can do about it. Either enjoy what they offer, or save yourself the $50.
bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Message 3 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 29, 2010
We already have Netflix. You are saying you want an application for it on the XMB and no need for a disc? And this you want to PAY for?

The Hulu thing is not up to Sony. But, for a fee, and soon, you can buy Hulu access directly from Hulu, at least according to Hulu.

And Skype and Full Web Browsing... well, there's ntohing wrong with that.

Specials or free rentals would be good.

Game rental service, well... mixed feelings about that. That kinda fits in with your "free with subscription but... lose it when... quit paying..." thing. That's a rental, no? hahah, just like you said.
Message 4 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Well, I don't think it's right to say "Plus is not ready for Launch"...because it's already been launched, and we heard rumors about this 2 years ago, that Sony will have a Premium Service, and who knows how long before those 2 years Sony was working on this...And lighten up, Sony has Tons of things planned, Hulu has recently claimed that in 2011 Hulu will be on the ps3 for $9.99, so it might be discounted or Free for PS+ members, and Betas are really fun, and a cool experience. And free games, themes, avatars never hurt anyone. And It's pretty obvious that Sony is working on getting Cross Game Chat ready for Playstion + members, There are also many rumors of a Music store for PS+ members only...Just think of the possibilities, PS+ came out Today...That means we still have 364 days and 12 more months of content...(Not including the 3 free months)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Yeah we have netflix with a disk but thats not on the XMB  like the 360 provides for gold members.  I just think they should have focused more on the SERVICE and not released when it was a expensive borrowing and coupon service.  We have lost features that weren't replaced with others and some of those options sold systems.  I think the PS3 is the best system out and I have all of them.  

If Sony isnt reading these boards they should maybe then they could bounce around SERVICE ideas to be awesome for the consumer.

I spend alot in the ps Store and honestly want to spend on this service but until it is a service I can't justify buying something that just provide a limited coupons and content that i lose if I ever unsubscribe

Also this is a DRM thing so if they ever discontinue this service like other things in the past we lose everything we didnt pay for outright

Message 6 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jun 29, 2010

br0-06 wrote:

Yeah we have netflix with a disk but thats not on the XMB  like the 360 provides for gold members.  I just think they should have focused more on the SERVICE and not released when it was a expensive borrowing and coupon service.  We have lost features that weren't replaced with others and some of those options sold systems.  I think the PS3 is the best system out and I have all of them.  

If Sony isnt reading these boards they should maybe then they could bounce around SERVICE ideas to be awesome for the consumer.

I spend alot in the ps Store and honestly want to spend on this service but until it is a service I can't justify buying something that just provide a limited coupons and content that i lose if I ever unsubscribe

Also this is a DRM thing so if they ever discontinue this service like other things in the past we lose everything we didnt pay for outright

This is the problem with most people and ps+ you guys are expecting it to be xbox live. ps+ is its own thing 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R.I.P. Louisoix
Message 7 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 29, 2010
not true... I just wanted a service.

PS Plus is like giving Blockbuster 50 bucks a month and they give me want they want provided I give it back if I dont decide to buy it.
Message 8 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
42 posts

Jul 5, 2010

It is not really fair to compare plus to Blockbuster.  The difference is that you are only paying $4 a month.  For that amount I do not expect to choose my own games or "own" the games they give me for free.  If I was paying $15 a month (similar to Gamefly or Netflix), my expectations would be different.  For $4 per month, this is a great deal with a ton of content.  

The best part is, is you disagree and do not yet see the benefit, you don't need to subscribe.  Nothing lost.  But, someday they may add a service to plus that is worth the cost to you.  Give the service time to find out what works and what doesn't.  I am personally excited to see what kind of services can be added to the Playstation with plus.

Message 9 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2299 posts

Jul 5, 2010
I hear blockbuster lets you keep all the movies you rent for free if you want to keep them.

Message 10 of 11 (120 Views)
0 Likes