Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2508 posts

Re: PSN HACKED? link provided

Mar 1, 2010

Isnt the link proof enough?  Why would SOny say what it states..also this is an explanation to a major problem we have no info on so you cant say its not right.  You have no proof that isnt, jsut a hunch.

Message 11 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Mar 1, 2010

What does it say?

------------------------------------------------------------
PS3 Owner since 12/28 at 9:34pm

Still have original PS3 2010 ! Proud Launch owner.

60gigPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ADD ME
Message 12 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 1, 2010

bG-ZIP didn't deny that he/she may be the hacker

Message 13 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2508 posts

Mar 1, 2010

xFoxhound wrote:

What does it say?

get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time.

Thats what it states

Message 14 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

Mar 1, 2010

says, "get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time"

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 15 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Mar 1, 2010

I tending to lean towards the theory of it being hacked. It makes a lot of sense, rather than it being just a firmware issue.... on the other hand, it could be both...

Someone from within the PS ranks could have hidden a well placed time bomb within the code of the last firmware update, set to go off at a specific time (today) and connected with the servers to to effectively use the PS3's with ALL of that proccessing power to creat one giant botnet attack. For what purpose? Maybe for what all PS3 owners have been wanting. Flash? Allow us to change our Identities? Anyways, all just theory, no facts... but the link you provided does seem to support a hack, definately.

Plus someone just posted this:

*link removed* nevermind. Guess they fixed it.

I haven't been able to pull the link above because I guess a lot of people are looking at it or Sony is trying to pull it.  I guess we'll see how this is all going to play out within the next few hours... so instead of continuing to play Heavy Rain, like I desperately wanted to, I guess I will have to go to bed since I have to be up early anyways.

Message 16 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Mar 1, 2010

Lol.. i feel dumb, i went to update my flash ( either way it was telling me to) and i kept sayin the same thing but in the back of my head i had a feeling that waas what you people were talking about.

------------------------------------------------------------
PS3 Owner since 12/28 at 9:34pm

Still have original PS3 2010 ! Proud Launch owner.

60gigPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ADD ME
Message 17 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 1, 2010

Jerry-Boyle wrote:

Isnt the link proof enough?  Why would SOny say what it states..also this is an explanation to a major problem we have no info on so you cant say its not right.  You have no proof that isnt, jsut a hunch.

What does the link say? It doesn't work for me, the page just goes blank and says i need flash and java enabled, which i do already.

Message 18 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Mar 1, 2010

GeoHot Hacked the Sony Playstation 3
23 January 2010 by Vinay 11 Comments

Georze Hotz aka GeoHot infamous father of iPhone jailbreak announced that he hacked the Sony Playstation . GeoHot said he was working from 3 years, 2 months and 11 days in Playstation Project. According to GeoHot he got read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. He also managed to dumps of LV0 and LV1 and the NAND without removing it or a modchip. Means you can flash the NAND without any hardware hacking.

PlayStation_3_HackedThe exploit has not yet been made public because GeoHot feared that Sony can update the firmware or launch a new layer of security to make it unusable. GeoHot also compliment to Sony for making hacking very hard on PS3 gaming console. GeoHot likely to post new updates on his blog, in the coming hours, days, or weeks. Stay tuned with us because lots of other information will be posted here as soon as he finishes.

iglitchStay tuned with us for your daily dose of technology related news, you can follow us on twitter via @ihackinjosh You can also subscribe to our daily free e-mail news letter

Message 19 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5298 posts

Mar 1, 2010

steve1103 wrote:

I tending to lean towards the theory of it being hacked. It makes a lot of sense, rather than it being just a firmware issue.... on the other hand, it could be both...

Someone from within the PS ranks could have hidden a well placed time bomb within the code of the last firmware update, set to go off at a specific time (today) and connected with the servers to to effectively use the PS3's with ALL of that proccessing power to creat one giant botnet attack. For what purpose? Maybe for what all PS3 owners have been wanting. Flash? Allow us to change our Identities? Anyways, all just theory, no facts... but the link you provided does seem to support a hack, definately.

Plus someone just posted this:

*link removed* nevermind. Guess they fixed it.

I haven't been able to pull the link above because I guess a lot of people are looking at it or Sony is trying to pull it.  I guess we'll see how this is all going to play out within the next few hours... so instead of continuing to play Heavy Rain, like I desperately wanted to, I guess I will have to go to bed since I have to be up early anyways.

So your saying Sony put the time bomb there??? lol

By the way the first link in the first post was not a official PlayStation URL but http://ogs.us.playstation.com/content/sites/311/info/index.html if you don't believe me go to the original post, click on the link, right click, click on properties and look at the URL Address

Message 20 of 29 (26 Views)
0 Likes