Jul 31 2014
By: vaishal2 First Son 18 posts

Absolute price you would pay for PS NOW subscription model?

23 replies 419 views Edited Jul 31, 2014

As sony recently announced they are considering the possibilty of a subscription service for ps now which is greatSmiley Happy..They also said they will be listening to community closely so lets give them a feedback of what price we will be interested in paying..!!!I personally would not pay more than $50/year...!!!!!

Message 1 of 24 (419 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Re: Absolute price you would pay for PS NOW subscription model?

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2014

Depends on the games available and the quality of the streaming, but yeah, $50 sounds reasonable for a pretty extensive library.  I could catch up on Uncharteds, Killzones, LBPs and others I missed on PS3 as an Xbox360 owner.

Message 2 of 24 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12328 posts

Jul 31, 2014

Needs to be tiered.

If I only use PS Now via a PS3 it should be cheaper then if I use it on my cell phone or tablet or Vita or PS4.

If I only want to stream games older then 1yr I should pay less then if I want the new releases.  

By new releases think about movies in theaters(Games released),

compared to new releases in the movie store(Game comes to PS Now).

So for PS Now on PS3 I would pay no more then $40/yr for over 1yr games on PS3, depending on the game selection of course.

For PS Now on other devices I would pay no more then $80/yr for games older then 1yr, again based on games available.

For other devices with new releases I think $100/yr is very fair.

New releases on PS3 I think about $70-$80/yr is very fair.

Would I love cheaper prices?  Of course, these are my maximums.

But how do you value playing a game like the Last of Us on your Cell phone with a DS3?

" I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 3 of 24 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Jul 31, 2014

I wouldn't pay a cent. I'm already spending $50 a year on PlayStation Plus. For that I'm essentially getting six games a month (two of which I normally don't have access to), potential discounts, optional Cloud storage/automatic updates, and the free TV show Powers this Fall... which I won't be downloading. If Sony expects me to pay $100 a year for a span of games I've already played, I'm not going to do it.

With PlayStation Plus they're already giving you games you might have already been through. When Tomb Raider was free, I had already bought it. When Binary Domain, I got that too. Played Resident Evil 5 at its 2009 launch. Played Demon's Souls in 2010. Played BioShock back in 2008. Subscribing to the PlayStation Now service for an additional $50 a year isn't something I'd consider if there's only so many games you want to rent. Why pay bundles of money for a collage of digital rentals when you could spend even less money purchasing them used or even paying for a physical rental fee from the likes of GameFly or RedBox?

Message 4 of 24 (389 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12328 posts

Jul 31, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I wouldn't pay a cent. I'm already spending $50 a year on PlayStation Plus. For that I'm essentially getting six games a month (two of which I normally don't have access to), potential discounts, optional Cloud storage/automatic updates, and the free TV show Powers this Fall... which I won't be downloading. If Sony expects me to pay $100 a year for a span of games I've already played, I'm not going to do it.

With PlayStation Plus they're already giving you games you might have already been through. When Tomb Raider was free, I had already bought it. When Binary Domain, I got that too. Played Resident Evil 5 at its 2009 launch. Played Demon's Souls in 2010. Played BioShock back in 2008. Subscribing to the PlayStation Now service for an additional $50 a year isn't something I'd consider if there's only so many games you want to rent. Why pay bundles of money for a collage of digital rentals when you could spend even less money purchasing them used or even paying for a physical rental fee from the likes of GameFly or RedBox?

Cant play any gamefly ps3 games unless you use a PS3.  

Imagine selling your PS3 and using the money to buy a 3-4yr sub to PS Now and never having to pay the rental prices you describe, the console pays for the games!!

I think of many ways PS Now could have value, the truth of it should be known soon enough.

I am in the same boat about Plus, my solution?  I stopped buying games all except the very best games which wont be on Plus for awhile like The Last of US, Starhawk, etc.

I been lovin plus ever since, just need that patience.

But I dont really play online and dont play Sports games so i am never in a real big hurry to play most games except those I mention above maybe.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 5 of 24 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jul 31, 2014

i would pay $50 a year like ps plus.

Message 6 of 24 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 31, 2014

Polygon's got a pretty solid opinion piece on the topic.  Now sounds like an amazing idea, which is being crippled by pricing.

It's a pity, but unless they get reasonable about the whole thing, I'll just keep my trusty PS3 60GB plugged in.

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 7 of 24 (358 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Jul 31, 2014

The PS4 is the first Sony gaming platform I've ever owned.  So for someone like me, there is a definite interest in visiting some of the older PS3 and legacy PS1-PS2 games that I've never had the opportunity to play.  Whether a rental per game for a set time or through a subscription fee, I'll be keeping any eye on what is offered and may be a solid customer so long as they keep the prices reasonable.  It has to cost less than a used PS3 ;-)

Message 8 of 24 (341 Views)
VP of Gaming
34131 posts

Jul 31, 2014

my limit would be $10 a month or $100 a year. anything more than that would be too much.

Message 9 of 24 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 31, 2014

I'm probably in the extreme minority with this opinion, but...I'd pay up to $30/month...*IF*...they satisfy the features that I'm looking for.

1) I need to see servers up on all PS3 games that are available on PS Now.  Why put games that had a heavy online presence at one time, just to have that game for rent/buy with...no online presence?  :-/

2) That *HINT* of PS1/PS2 game libraries with 1080p/60fps?  Yeah, that needs to be a reality.

3) I need trophies on PS1/PS2 games, please.  You made a patent to be able to add trophies on the fly to older games last year, let's put that to use.

4) UNLIMITED ACCESS.  Don't give me any of this "Well you can play 4 games this month, and next month you get another 4 fresh games!"  No.  I want 100% all-the-time access.

Gamers want SERVICE/VALUE.  Give us the features that we WANT/have been asking for, and...we can talk *somewhat liberally* about price, with little vitriol.  If you're charging more than the competition, it has to be WORTH more than the competition...

Message 10 of 24 (321 Views)