Aug 23 2013
By: Tigerfan55 First Son 7 posts

Bluetooth problems

1 replies 79 views Edited Aug 23, 2013
Started having problems with my Sony bluetooth today. Have only had it 6 months. Have been playing COD BO2 for a while and it has worked fine. Then today as I'm playing one of my friends says everything I'm saying is cutting in and out. I tried cutting the bluetooth on and off but it didn't fix the problem. I went to the setting and tried to hear myself talk and it was cutting out there also. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Why all of the sudden it just decided to only pick up every third word or so I say?

It is this one right here. Not really happy if it is dying already after dropping $50 for it and it only last 6 months. Any help would be appreciated before I try and contact someone at Sony.

http://techepisode.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Sony-PlayStation-3-Bluetooth-Headset1.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Re: Bluetooth problems

Aug 25, 2013

First off make sure HQ mode is on.

The headset’s High Quality (HQ) mode enables wide-band wireless voice communication with the PS3™ system. It uses the headset’s dual-microphone design to enable proprietary PS3™ system-based noise cancelling, and provides better radio-frequency interference rejection when it is on than when it is off.
By default, HQ mode is on when you first pair your headset and PS3™ system. HQ mode and noise cancellation features are only available for the PS3™ system, and not with other Bluetooth -enabled mobile phones or devices.

To turn HQ mode on or off
1. In your PS3™ system’s home menu, go to [Settings] > [Accessory Settings] > [Manage Bluetooth Devices].

2. Select the headset from the list of registered devices, press the triangle button, and then select [Information] from the options menu.

3. Go to High Quality (HQ) Mode.

4. Select On or Off

If that doesn't work then try resetting your bluetooth headset. To do this there should be a small hole on the back of the bluetooth. Once you find it stick a small pin or something similiar that will fit in the hole. Push the button that's in the hole for about 15 - 30 seconds. You'll have to pair your headset with the Playstation again after this. I hope this ends up helping you out.

Hope this helped!

Image Uploaded via Flickr
Keep on gaming!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (68 Views)
0 Likes