Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2012
By: MrKringle27 First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Controller problems

8 replies 725 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

I bought a non-official or wasnt made from sony, plates are clear so i can see the lights. When i bought it, it was perfectly working fine untill somthing went wrong. Either my ps3 couldnt read the usb anymore or the usb itself, so i bent or put something on top of the usb to force it down, then it worked perfectly. Only today it just stopped working, im not sure if its the ps3 or the usb, Did i break the USB jack(The USB jack/tip came with the controller but it was like a regular usb, it makes the controller wireless so there was no need to use a usb wire)? or is it the ps3? HELP i dont want to spend big bucks on another controller!

Message 1 of 9 (725 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Re: Controller problems

Nov 19, 2012

Reset Button on the controller.

Message 2 of 9 (716 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17651 posts

Nov 19, 2012

piedude1 wrote:

Reset Button on the controller.

That's for an official Sony controller. You don't know if this knock-off even has a reset. Also didn't you read about them bending the USB connector? OP I think you damaged the controller and need to replace it.

Message 3 of 9 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Thanks, but im still leaving this open for more answers, I bended the tip for a while now didnt seem to be the problem at first
Message 4 of 9 (688 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Just pony up and buy the official controller.  Third party controllers have never been that great.  

I understand 54.99 is a lot for a controller, that the system doesn't even use the full potential of, but sometimes you get what you pay for.  A la, the now dysfunctional third party controller you have.

On that side note.  The Six Axis DS3 has motion sensing tech in it.  Not that I am all about the motion games; but why is this the only official Sony controller available, and there is little support for the motion control?  I have a Wii, and I do not have the Move.  It just doesn't interest me enough.  Why must we pay $54.99 for a controller with all the bells and whistles?  Can't Sony come out with a cheaper version?

Just wondering about that second part.

Moble

Message 5 of 9 (672 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2012
This is an answer but i just tried i again just now and it magically worked, seems like the jack just needed a time off
Message 6 of 9 (650 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 28, 2013

My controller, original with the system just bought December 2012, is acting up. In the middle of game play, it will automatically and arbitrarily start attacking. No button presses, no movement etc. I can set the controller down on the table, then a bout a minute or so later, it just goes haywire attacking for no reason. Anyone else have this same "Ghost In The Machine"?

Message 7 of 9 (413 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I'm having the same trouble, it started this morning, other controller works fine. It's now in the charge cradle and when ready I'll try it again,

hopefully a time out will remedy the problem but I still want to know what caused it? Is this a sign that the controller is cooked and needs to be replaced?

Thanx in advance

C.C.S.

Message 8 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 10, 2013

I dont know what you guys mean when you say that your controller is "acting up" but I have experienced sticky buttons and these problems seem to stem from, believe it or not, and accumulation of food or dirt particles.

Also, I have had at least 2 controllers that had failed seals on the toggles. The lubricant (yes lubricant) can spread to the buttons and find it's way down to the contacts or circuitry.

Message 9 of 9 (182 Views)
0 Likes