Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2013
By: Velisella First Son 5 posts

DS4 Controller Aiming Issue

[ Edited ]
6 replies 467 views Edited Nov 18, 2013

Hi,

I'm having a weird issue with my Dual shock 4 controller.

In Killzone: Shadow Fall, any time I aim straight upwards it bobs slightly, then proceeds to go up. In other words, it goes down slightly, then up. In Assassin's Creed, the exact same thing happens, only frequently it'll aim straight downwards for 2-3 seconds before going back up. Sometimes it'll stay aimed straight down until I let go of the right joystick and aim upwards again.

I can easily replicate both issues using just the right joystick and not touching anything else on the controller. 

Is there something I might be doing wrong or could the controller be faulty? 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: DS4 Controller Aiming Issue

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

I am having this same issue, except mine keeps snapping to a down position instead of up.  It's made playing KZ SF pretty frustrating, when I am running while shooting enemies and suddenly my aim snaps down to the ground, sometimes over and over.  Seeminly at random too, as it happens even when I'm not touching the right analog stick.

Could this be a bad controller, and if so, how does one exchange the one that came with the PS4?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 21, 2013

I bought a second controller which does not have the issue. I had to call Sony as their online chat seems to be permanently down. AFter a very long wait and going through all trouble shooting they approved it to send in for warranty.

I am currently waiting to ship it. They've sent a couple emails with a work order number, but nothing on where to ship it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 21, 2013

@Velisella 

It seems to be a controller issue. You do have to contact Sony for a replacement upon approval, but you shouldn't have a problem as it's still under warranty. You will be stuck on a VERY long hold. In the meantime, you might have to go buy a new controller if you want to continue gaming.

"Don't forget to give Kudos!"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (419 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

@TheRealDro

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my previous post, all of that is already done. I've received two emails instructing me how to send my controller and what to include, but not where. The "Where To Send Your Product:" field in the email was left blank.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Nov 21, 2013
As I've said, mine is also doing this. But it only seems to happen in Ghosts. I tried in the web browser, moving the stick down then up and it worked fine. No lag, no snapping downward, nothing. But in Ghosts it happens almost immediately. I'm half tempted to buy a new controller now that the update didn't fix this, which is the biggest disappointment of all.
PSN: ThaReaper01
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 22, 2014

This is happening to me when i try to play while charging the controller, and most of my buttons won't work either.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (248 Views)
0 Likes