First Son
1 posts

Re: Controller analog stick problem.

Mar 28, 2014
I hope somebody came up with a solution by now because my right analog stick just has a mind of its own making ut virtually impossible to play a game like BF4
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 74 (3,777 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 2, 2014
I'v recently brought my sony a few days ago and already the right analog stick of my controller have been playing up by pulling down, I rang up Sony Australia they told me to take the original receipt back to the store I brought it from and get a replacement
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 74 (3,706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2014

There is absolutely no solution to this problem. I've open my controller about 7 times, replacing the analog itself and a bunch of other tomfoolery (didn't work, unless the replacement was as messed up as the last one); the problem is most likely the sisterboard inside the controller itself. You can try opening the controller yourself and taking some canned air to it if it's just dirty from dust or something, maybe replacing the analog if you're skilled in soldering and have another one available.

Otherwise, your best bet is return the one you have now, and get another controller. There is no solution for this problem beyond that.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 74 (3,676 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2014

I am having this issue with the left analog stick on the Dual Shock 4 controller I received at console launch in the US. It's very bad and I won't be able to play any more games until I get a new controller. I've tried resetting the controller, I've tried using it only while plugged into the console with the usb cable.

The left stick just seems to alternate beteen jittery response or intermittent non-responsiveness. Noticed this while playing through Infamous, but it's occuring on all games. You really canot notice this within the menu system or on the dashboard, this occurs mostly within games.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 74 (3,616 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Re: DS4 Left analog stick not responding

Apr 25, 2014

I started having this issue today as well. One of my controllers stops responding when I hold it back then around the 3 oclock or forward position. My character completly stops responding unless I move back again. 

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 74 (410 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 27, 2014
I'm running into a similar issue.

I purchased the console at launch and signed up for the warranty on psn. I've got two controllers. On one of them the left analog stick cuts out frequently. I'll be moving my character around the screen and his movement will stop or stutter or lag. It's really frustrating The other controller has no issue so it's not the system. Is the controller covered under the warranty as we'll or just the console? Does the controller have a manufacturers warranty separately? Any course of action or am I just stuck with a gimped controller?
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 74 (402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 28, 2014

Yeah I've just noticed this problem a few days ago. It's very noticable in games such as BF4 and COD: Ghosts when I'm tyring to sprint and my character stops all of sudden after only a few metres. Makes playing my PS4 a nightmare at this moment in time and I'm now unsure if Sony will fix or replace the controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 74 (393 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 11, 2014
Don't worry. You aren't alone. I play alot of COD and BF4 and I am on my second controller now. I take great care of them too but they have a mind of their own and move when unwanted. My first controller I got with my system was too hard to play with after 3 months and Best Buy swaped it out for a new one since I had my geek squad protection warranty. I just got this two days ago and the new one is doing the same thing. I think the controllers they made for the ps4 are just bad. Hope they fix the issue with enough complaints!
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 74 (887 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Dualshock 4 Left thumbstick movement problems

May 14, 2014
I'm having the same issue it's really annoying, already reinstalled battlefield, didn't work, reset the controller and didn't work
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 74 (639 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Dualshock 4 Left thumbstick movement problems

May 15, 2014
They wound up exchanging controller for me took about 3 weeks to get. I also had to pay for shipping to send it to them. They paid to ship it back. I couldn't wait that long so I bought a back up controller from best buy with warranty from best buy. All you have to do is bring controller to store and walk out with new one. Now my system itself has been giving me problems. SMH
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 74 (634 Views)
0 Likes