First Son
25 posts

Re: DUALSHOCK 4 issues

Nov 17, 2013

VampireBeatnik wrote:
Glad your console's working again, TheGerryman. I don't have Warframe however.

Does make me wonder though, if that was causing the same symptoms for you, if this is really just a software/firmware bug for the rest of us rather than a bunch of broken controllers or consoles.

I don't have Warframe either...

This widespread of a hardware issue doesn't make sense to me, though.  Granted, I am not an electrical engineer, but given the volume of Bluetooth products on the market, I can't imagine Sony got a huge bad batch of Bluetooth transceivers.  

So then it would be a question of installation.  But that doesn't make much sense either, because that would suggest that there was a difference in build process?  Possible, but it seems odd to me than intermittent connection is a build issue.  The build issue would, to me, be a complete lack of connectivity.

The different TV thing is weird, though...

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 154 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 17, 2013

JudsonCc wrote:

The different TV thing is weird, though...

This had me curious, so I moved my PS4 to a different room (and one where a PS3 currently works like a dream).  Different physical arrangements (on top of wooden dresser instead of in a metal and glass entertainment center) and with an older TV (so no risk of Bluetooth interference from its remote).  No effect whatsoever.  Usable range was the same as far as I could tell.

tl;dr - Moved PS4 to different room/setup.  No change.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 154 (695 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 17, 2013

same problem here , controller goes all wonky and makes games unplayable .  Hope this is a software issue .   My ps4 is in the same spot as my ps3 and 360, never have had signal issues with them.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 154 (688 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Same here.....    got issue like lagging problems and bad responding time ....

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 154 (681 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 17, 2013
There are several wifi devices, but they are all turned off. The one bluetooth enabled device we have is the cellphone, which has been away from the house and in the next room with no change in performance from the PS4/DS4. There is the car (bluetooth), but makes no difference wether its here or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 154 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Update: In an attempt to find anything that'd work while waiting to test another controller, I tried both to Rebuild Database, and Initialize PS4, from Safe Mode, testing the DS4 after each, but with no change. Still stops responding afer ~10 min.

I'd try to "Initialize Ps4 (Reinstall System Software)", but it'll take me a while to download 900mb.
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 154 (657 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 154 (647 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 17, 2013

I had degrading performance again, so I moved the router to be physically within 2m of the ps4 and suddenly all controller issues vanished.  I'm going to get get a network cable to plug it in directly. I have a feeling some ps4's have wifi/bluetooth interference issues if the wifi signal is weak. 

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 154 (640 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Yah war frame deletion didn't last. I'll trying plugging in the lan  and see what happens. I talked to sony reps for a good hour yesterday. Their "tech expert" who sounded like he was reading off a list of common issues all but refused to admit it could be a hardware problem. I'm gonna wait until this issue is more mainstream or a patch fixes it (don't know if it's possible). Until then I'm just gonna pull the ps4 up to sit right next to me as I play. I feel like eventually I'm going to need to replace it but I'm not ready to wait 3 weeks.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 154 (629 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 17, 2013

NotoriousMcQ wrote:

I feel like eventually I'm going to need to replace it but I'm not ready to wait 3 weeks.

I feel the same way; not eager to make any significant progress in any games only to have to start all over in a month...

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 154 (615 Views)
0 Likes