Splicer
53 posts

Re: DUALSHOCK 4 issues

Nov 17, 2013
Glad (well not happy) to see I am not the only one having this issue. What Notorious is experiencing is exactly what I am experiencing. Sony wanted me to send in my controllers but I insisted it was a console issue, not the controllers, so now get to ship my console back. I am convinced whatever operates the Bluetooth in the system is not working.

Thanks to those of you who have posted your various troubleshooting results. I was considering trying things like moving it to another room/TV, but sounds as if it will do no good.
Message 51 of 173 (986 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Nov 17, 2013

this is happening on both my playstation and my brothers. we have 4 controllers between the two of us and they all respond in the exact same way with each system. they are in two different rooms, and we have even tried them in the living room with the system in various positions. constant imput lag makes the systems unable to use for the simplest tasks like navigating through menus.

in my experience, i feel this to be a firmware issue as my system was working perfectly fine before updating to 1.50. while the network was down on launch day i was messing with my system settings after taking the ps4 out of the box and did not experience input lag once while i was messing around with it. after being unable to update on the network i updated via USB for both mine and my brother's system and then everything hit the fan. menus became unable to navigate due to lag, specifically when the system begins to be put under stress such as displaying "What's New" or the Friend's List.

If you're thinking about sending in your system for support, I would suggest waiting a short time for a patch update, which is what i will be doing from my experiences with the firmware update. if the issue is addressed and everything is still wonky after that these things are getting shipped out immediately before i throw them out the window.

Message 52 of 173 (984 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Solidarity in numbers! I'm also glad to see this thread getting attention. I wish a mod would move it back to system support and sticky it. I'm just trying to load it up with comments and and status updates until then. I can't stress enough how this is a console problem and not a peripheral issue. And it's NOT an issue with bluetooth interference either. I tested my vita connection to my playstation (which was garbage) and my vita connection to my cell phone (which was great). Same environment with no changes. So keep this topic relevant guys, or else it will just get buried.

Message 53 of 173 (981 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 17, 2013
I am guessing if we tried our "defective" controllers on another system, they would suddenly work fine. The issue is definitely on the console side. I am temped to try putting my system back to factory settings to see if/how it affects my issue. Anything I can do not to have to ship my system in for a month.
Message 54 of 173 (978 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 17, 2013
If you do please comment on any changes.
Message 55 of 173 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Yes please do ProfessorHate. I'd like to know myself. That means it can get an update and all will be well and we ALL don't have to wait for a replacement/repair.
Message 56 of 173 (961 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 17, 2013

your guess with the controllers is correct. our two systems both throw the controllers in their own unique way, mine works for a bit before controllers disconnect and lag and my brothers is instant from the moment it connects, when syncing a controller from one system to another they malfunction in accordance with the system, this problem is not from the controllers.

my initialization attempts proved fruitless, perhaps you have better luck. i did not attempt factory default resets though

Message 57 of 173 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Going to try it now. May take awhile, but I'll be back with results.
Message 58 of 173 (949 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Nov 17, 2013
No luck, gang. Here is what I tried out of Safe Mode;

- Restore Default Settings - Gets rid of all my stuff, but didn't get rid of update 1.5
- Initialize PS4 (Reinstall system software) - Tried but couldn't do it. I had the update on USB, which is what it said I needed, but it would not start. I think maybe you need to have the complete PS4 software on there to reinstall. Can't find this if that is so.
- Initialize PS4 - Seemed to be the same as Restore Default Settings
- Update System Software - I reinstalled 1.5

None of it make a bit of difference.
Message 59 of 173 (941 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Nov 17, 2013
Well, thanks for being our guinea pig atleast.
Message 60 of 173 (938 Views)
0 Likes