Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 controller joystick...peeling?

Nov 26, 2013

Yup, ours is peeling- and there is no way I'm paying any shipping fees- they've got to be kidding if they think that's going to happen. For all the money we've all spent on this, they can't expect we should be paying the shipping for a poor quality controller that they've given us. 

Message 21 of 345 (6,697 Views)
Splicer
64 posts

Re: Thumbstick grip on left stick already worn smooth after 4 days of play.

Nov 27, 2013

I've actually seen this on test units in the stores and wondered if people were vandalizing the controller but guess not.

Message 22 of 345 (6,653 Views)
First Son
7 posts

[OFFICAL] "My DS4 controller broke"

Nov 27, 2013
Just wanted to start a thread where everyone can post their problems with the DS4 controller. Mine was the left joystick rubber peeling off after 30~ hours of play. Seen a lot of L1/R1 trigger problems as well. Post what you have had done and hopefully Sony will see this. Because as of now, they are making us pay for shipping of the controllers (~$10).
Message 23 of 345 (6,395 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Re: [OFFICAL] "My DS4 controller broke"

Nov 27, 2013

People been getting this a lot. The DS4 is good, just the sticks are bad. They just need to release new and better replacment stick so we can replacement them instead of buying a new controller for $60.

Message 24 of 345 (6,387 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Nope! The rubber is insanely soft and comfy, but it's so soft that it wears out extremely fast.

Message 25 of 345 (6,645 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Nov 28, 2013

The same thing happened to my controller, the rubber on the left stick is falling off already. I hope this is replaced.

Message 26 of 345 (6,351 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Nov 28, 2013

I have the same problem, i hope sony does something about it, is this covered under the 1yr warranty?. 

Message 27 of 345 (6,640 Views)
First Son
6 posts

PS4 Controller is Wearing..

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

I have had my PS4 for about a week. Now the rubber on the left joystick is tearing apart. It really sucks because I put a lot of time and money up to get this console and it is already breaking. I do not have enough money to buy another one. Plus, I do not even know if it will happen to the second one!!

I do not sweat when I play video games and I do not have any fingernails. What is the deal with this? Not even a week and it is tearing up. 

Anyone else having this issue? Any solutions? Any way to fix it at home?

EDIT: After reading a lot of posts about the issue, I finally decided I will try to fix it myself. I do not have enough money to purchase another one for a while (poor college student). Instead, I grabbed some super glue. I dipped the very tip of the toothpick in the glue. I then grabbed another toothpick and pulled the piece of rubber back and I rubbed a small amount under the peeling rubber. I then smoothed the rubber flat and wiped excess glue off with other toothpicks and paper towels in the curve of the joystick. I then dabbed the spot with more paper towels to get excess glue off. 

As a result, it looks perfectly normal. It is slightly shiny, but it is connected back together again. You cannot even feel where I placed the glue at. I want to buy another one, but I want to wait a few months in hopes of them fixing the issues. Maybe it was a faulty batch? Overall, it looks like a temporary fix. Maybe it will last me until I can get a new one. It was a very small amount of glue. I am pretty sure no one would even notice there was an issue at first glance.

I hope this helps or gives you some ideas.

Add me on PSN! Would love to play some BF4! Greatness Awaits!!

Message 28 of 345 (6,734 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 29, 2013

Same problem. I have only had it a week too. It is really disappointing because I am a poor person. I starved myself and saved a lot of money to get this system. It sucks that the left analog rubber is tearing apart. :smileysad: 

Anybody have an idea for a fix?

Message 29 of 345 (6,630 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Nov 29, 2013

My left joystick is peeling off too. :smileysad: I hope there is some kind of fix....

Message 30 of 345 (6,342 Views)
0 Likes