Nov 22 2013
By: Fuzzhao First Son 6 posts

DualShock 4 stutter while microwave is on

6 replies 336 views Edited Nov 22, 2013

I notice some stuttering in the controller responsiveness and earphone audio when I play and somebody turns on the microwave.

Plugging in the controller via USB does not help. I expect it to work better over USB since it shouldn't use radio anymore. But it doesn't help.

Do I have a bad DualShock 4 or is this just the way it is?

Message 1 of 7 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: DualShock 4 stutter while microwave is on

Nov 22, 2013

You have a bad microwave, btw are you losing your hairs???

Message 2 of 7 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Nov 22, 2013
we know that but that doesn't answer my question
Message 3 of 7 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 23, 2013
the ds4 doesnt transmit over the wire, the wire only charges it while you use it. unless your in safemode You can literally plug the wire into anything that would charge a cellphone while your playing, if the wire transmitted data it would stop working. and no your ds4 probably isnt bad, my old **bleep** vacuum i have interfears with mine when its close by.
Message 4 of 7 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 23, 2013
But this means the DualShock 4 is susceptible to radio interference and that can be problematic in a PS4 LAN party or eSports type environment.

I feel like this is a bad design oversight.

Microsoft has very openly and clearly stated that the Xbox One controller turns off its internal radio when the USB cable is attached. I feel like this should be what Sony also does, as it is beneficial to performance in every possible way.
Message 5 of 7 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

you dont have to worry bout interference from other controllers from how i understand them to work is they each get thier own frequency of sorts(frequency is the wrong word having problem thinking of the word i want)  and the interference we are experiencing i foudn out mine wasnt actually with the controller it was a issue with the outlet i was using not supporting enough power to the system, if i plugged my vaccuum on another circuit my issue was gone no matter if the vaccuum was in the same spot or not.  Your issue may be a bad controller getting interference from microwave, just buy a new controller put that one in the box and return it tell them it didnt work for some reason walmart takes anything back.

oh btw i was wrong with the wire, found out it does transmit through usb when hardwired in.  

Message 6 of 7 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Actually, Bluetooth uses frequency hopping, the frequency always changes according to a pattern that is calculated from each device's unique ID, that's how interference is avoided.

But a noise source like a microwave will disturb a very wide range of frequencies.
Message 7 of 7 (278 Views)
0 Likes