Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 15 2013
By: Powwers16 First Son 3 posts

Dualshock 4 won't power on without being hooked up

[ Edited ]
9 replies 547 views Edited Nov 15, 2013

I dont believe this has anything at all to do with the PS4 itself but my Dualshock 4 will not turn on and actually work unless its hooked up to the PS4 with the USB cable.  When its hooked up, everything works perfectly.  Even though I just got my PS4 a few hours ago, i've had the Dualshock hooked up and playing games with it so it should have atleast charged SOME at this point.  Is it possible that the battery in the Dualshock 4 is faulty?  If so, do you guys think Sony would be willing to replace the controller without me having to send the entire console back?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (547 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Dualshock 4 won't power on without being hooked up

Nov 16, 2013

I am having this exact same issue. Thought maybe I would give it some time to charge. Nope its been charging for over 4 hours and the second I pull the cord from the controller it shuts off. Pressing the PS button when the cord is not plugged in results in no controller connectivity. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (526 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

This may make me a terrible person but i've decided what im going to do. Im going to go buy a new dualshock 4 from walmart, come home and take the new dualshock 4 out of the packaging and then put my messed up dualshock 4 into the packaging and take the messed up controller to walmart and tell them its messed up. That way, they'll give me my money back and i'll get a new controller for free pretty much.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Thats way better than the legitimate option. I have to wait 5-7 business days to recieve the box. Then another 5-7 business days after I send the box out to get my controller back. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (501 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Thats way too much of a hassle to replace a product that should have already been working.  I definitely recommend doing what I did, it worked without a hitch earlier for me.  I now have a brand new controller thats working perfectly   :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (493 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Please post in the system area, this is a bluetooth issue with the system:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/PS4-System-Dualshock-4-signal-problems/...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Fixed: I deleted warframe, rebooted (be sure it's the hard power off, hold down the power button until the second beep) and now everything works perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (480 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 19, 2013
That's the same thing that my dualshock 4 is doing. I went to customer support and it said it takes 2 hours for the dualshock to fully charge and when it is fully charge the blinking orange light will stop. I've charged it for about an hours so I'm sure it should have some battery life so I can unplug it from my PS4 but it just turns off when I do. And when I push the ps button nothing happens. So I have to reconnect it. And when I do it sometimes doesn't want to connect and it only blinks white a few times and then goes back to orange.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

Thanks OP, I'm having the exact same issue and can't get through to Sony support at the moment so I think I'll try this indead. Did they refund you in cash or store credit? Do they care that the product was opened?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (442 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 21, 2013
I got in contact with sony support and the first time they told me I should charge it for 2 hours so it can be fully charged and work. I did but it still won't connect. I called again and then they told me I would have to send it in :,( (sobb) but they said once they get it. They will send me a new one the next day. But if you buy a new controller and swap the one you got with your ps4. You will not be able to get yours fixed through Sony because they ask for the code on the back of the original dualshock 4 that came with the console.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (433 Views)
0 Likes