Sep 13 2013
By: GOW71 Keyblade Wielder 7441 posts

Elite Headset Dissapointment.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 504 views Edited Sep 13, 2013

First I would like to apologize for making another thread on this topic, truly. I know better, but I'm doing it anyway.

There have been multiple posts here with concerns and pictures of the Pulse Elite Headset getting small cracks on the support frame of the headset near the ears.  I have personally posted in many of these threads with tips on how to avoid it, saying that it was most likely mis-use on the owner part even for those that claime to take exquisite care of their toys. To those people I would like to make a formal apology: I was wrong, as it has now happened to me.

Like others have claimed I take emaculate care of my headset. I treat it gingerly, never drop it, keep it stored safely, put it on/take it off with the utmost of care, and I have done this since last Christmas without fail. The other day, I discoverd the infamous crack that others have described and shown here on the forum and I was dissappointed. A product that I highly regard, have promoted on multiple occassions, defended against other similar items, and have been utterly positive about has failed me through no fault of my own.

Now do I still love my headset? Yes I do, however I am now full on in the camp that this is a defect that needs to be looked at with more attention. Perhaps better stress testing or something, I don't know I'm not an engineer; but this isn't right. I plan on addressing this further and pooling the data available on the forum about this and taking where I can to fight for a response and hopefully a result.  With what little power I wield, I will see what I can do.

I still hold this product in high regard, but for it to begin to breakdown like this without warranted treatment is unaccpetable in my personal opinion. These things aren't cheap, and I am not made of money. Knowing this happens over time now coupled with the fact that the headset is useless with a busted dongle I will begin to tell others to do their homework before purchase, instead of highly recommending this headset without hesitation.

Thank you for reading.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (504 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Re: Elite Headset Dissapointment.

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

I'm having disappointment as well, sadly. I had extremely high hopes for this product, but I'm having problems. Here's my post on the product's Amazon page for a detailed explanation.

Problems with My New Pulse Elite Edition Headset.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (484 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Sep 14, 2013
I applaud you for your post. I too have kept my pulse in such high regard without anything touch it besides my hands. I've had the headset since last December. I have not received said crack however I encountered a few days ago that there is no audio output. Solely input is available. Now I have paired my system several times, downloaded the app and restored it to factory settings. I have even restored my ps3 to default settings, nothing. Now I can still get a replacement, but only with the receipt from purchase (mind you it was a gift from a relative) or the serial number of the headset. Does anyone know the location of the serial number on the head set is? If any?
ÀÈÑ
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Sep 15, 2013

Mine is above the left ear cushion, along with the model number.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (446 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2387 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I think I might return my headset. it doesn't fit on my head comfortably at all. I thought I'd get used to it but nope. It's so uncomfortable.. My cheaper 70 dollar turtlebeach might have slightly less sound quality but atleast they didn't give me a headache after 20 minutes of use. After hearing about this crack issue doesn't make me want to keep them either..
I still have a couple days left to return them and I think I might just spend the extra money and get Astro a40's
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 21, 2013
same problem..now mine is covered with tape to hold it together...support person said he'd NEVER had this happen....please SONY. have your phone support people at least be honest
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2013

Returned this product and got a refund. Wireless interference was too horrible, and the comfortableness after an hour was too unbearable. My review on the product from Amazon for future people looking to buy this headset.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2YOOAB5XSNGBF/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0087OZ5FG&linkCode=&node...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
923 posts

Oct 1, 2013

I didn't want to say it but, I've told you it was a matter of time, mine got even worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

I only just got mine last weekend and was pretty shocked reading about this problem after searching through this forum for a fix for audio drops/sound loss while playing. I will most certainly return it now and get my money back. Thanks to everyone who started to point out this design flaw.  

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (316 Views)
0 Likes