Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2013
By: needlesmcgirk First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Intermitant Input Lag between Controller and PS4

130 replies 18109 views Edited Nov 21, 2013

I am having some very frustrating issues with input lag from the PS4 controller to the PS4.  It will happen for 20 seconds to a minute intermitantly.  Basically I will move the stick, and the screen won't respond for half a second, so there is no way to control thing when this happens.

I tried using two different controllers and I have the exact same issue.  I also tried this online (KZ Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4) as well as offline (Resogun) and had the same issues.  I am had wired in from the router to the PS4.

I've been doing speed tests and my ping time is always less than 20.  I haven't had any issues with lag, and didn't have these issues with the PS3 at all.

Is anyone else having this issue?  Any idea what I can do to resolve?

Message 1 of 131 (18,109 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Re: Intermitant Input Lag between Controller and PS4

Nov 21, 2013

May or may not help but try to resync the controllers to the ps4

Message 2 of 131 (18,106 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 21, 2013
I was having the same issue till last night. Funny thing I posted here and no one seem to respond either. Since day one I had that issue. Yesterday stopped. Not sure what I did. But I was playing with my Receiver and since then nothing happened. I have two theory. One that the receiver was not doing the proper transition between the console etc. Or the other is that I had an issue with my internet where my internet dropped the speed quite a bit. Not sure if it will help. But try checking the internet speed when the lag happens and if you have a receiver try to figure it out if it's in the right configuration.
Message 3 of 131 (18,099 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 21, 2013

I posted about this too. Mine mainly seems to happen when I plug in headphones of any kind (even PS4's). As soon as I unplug the headphones, it stops. 

My current solution is to use a USB extention cable ($6 on Amazon). Just stay wired until they patch it out. Sucks but works.

Message 4 of 131 (18,090 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Nov 21, 2013

needles: 

I was experiencing the exact same issues you are.  I found many threads on the Peripherals Support forum that speculated a bluetooth hardware problem within the console.   The issue seemed to get progressively worse until it would no longer connect (wired or wirelessly) with the system in normal operation mode.   It's worth noting that the controller still worked (wired) if the system was in safe mode.

This is what prompted me to return my PS4 to amazon and request a replacement.

Message 5 of 131 (18,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2013
Chillbilly:

Did the new PS4 resolve your issue?
Message 6 of 131 (18,068 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Nov 21, 2013

needles:   I'll let you know in a few hours.  It is scheduled for delivery today.

See this thread for some things you can try in the mean time. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Peripherals-Support/PS4-Controller-Won-t-Connect-...

Message 7 of 131 (18,064 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Just confirming that the new PS4 works flawlessly.   I played for about 6hrs last night without any issues.

Message 8 of 131 (18,028 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 11, 2013

i am having the same issue as you guys....i havent really gotten to play with my ps4 since i had it but the last week i have quite a bit ...and i can say i have become extremely frustrated with the lag....at first i thought it was my internet connection but i am also hard wired into the router and i have a rather speedy internet connection..i was pretty much convinced it was something to do with the controller....thought it was the original controller so i bought a new one...same issue......plugged the controller in after reading  and researching this issue online.....lag gone....but i would prefer the controller to work like its supposed to...i have a rather large tv (70") that i game on....i dont like sitting so close tomit to to get lag free gaming.....has anyone found a fix other than getting a new ps4

Message 9 of 131 (17,494 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Dec 13, 2013

I had a bricked ps4 at launch. Got the ps4 backed eveyrthing was working and then i started expericning this problem as well. It works if i sit a foot away from the console but not if i move to my couch which is 10 feet away. so now im sending back my ps4 controller. Am i the only person in the world who got a broken ps4 and controller?

Message 10 of 131 (17,446 Views)
0 Likes