Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 08 2013
By: ob4676 First Son 1 posts

PS3, Bose Cinemate 1 SR, and no sounds when playing the PS3

3 replies 1691 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

Ok, so I bought the Bose Cinemate 1 SR, I hooked it up but I get no sound when playing the PS3,  I have to be missing something.  Here is my setup:

1.  I have Verizon Fios hooked up to my TV via an HDMI cable

2.  PS3 is hooked up to my TV via an HDMI(on a different channel of course)

3.  An optical audio cable is hooked from the back of the TV to the Bose Cinemate 1 SR

When I'm watching Fios, the audio sounds great through the Bose Cinemate 1 SR.  When I switch channels to watch PS3, the video is fine, but I'm not getting any Audio coming through the Bose Cinemate 1 SR.  Ive changed the Audio Settings on the PS3 to HDMI, but I still get nothing.  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (1,691 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

Re: PS3, Bose Cinemate 1 SR, and no sounds when playing the PS3

Feb 8, 2013

Some TVs will not output sound to if the audio is coming from a source that is not connected to HDMI port 1. Which is probably why you can get sound using your cable box but not your PS3.

From the limited time looking at your soundbar online, you'll need to use an optical cable from the PS3 to the soundbar and setup the PS3's sound settings output to optical so you can get sound from it.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 2 of 4 (1,687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 20, 2013
Hi. Did you get this resolved? Same issue here and I don't want to keep switching optical audio cable between the ps3 and the TV
Message 3 of 4 (1,446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 19, 2013

Subscribed

Just got the 1SR for my B-day. No sound via HDMI and optical. However, optical from PS4 to main optical input on 1SR works but not 1SR aux input, which is also optical.I already have Apple TV and CATV box connected from TV to main optical input on 1SR, which works. I just need to be able to hear my PS4 audio through Aux on 1SR or somehow via HDMI.

Message 4 of 4 (1,140 Views)
0 Likes