Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 16 2013
By: SouFantastico First Son 7 posts

PS3 Move controller w/o wireless

3 replies 201 views Edited Sep 16, 2013

Hi all,

Recently, both the WiFi and Bluetooth of my brother's PS3 stopped working. We have been able to play by connecting the controllers through USB wire, and connecting online through Ethernet cable.

However, the PS3 Move controllers, when connected through usb cable, are not detected by the camera.

Does anyone know if the USB port of the PS3 move controllers only works for charging the batteries, and if it only communicates with the console via wireless?

Anyone is able to play with is connected through USB?

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 4 (201 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17690 posts

Re: PS3 Move controller w/o wireless

Sep 16, 2013

The USB port of the PS3 only works for charging the controllers even for the DS3 controllers. When you're connected via USB they are still connecting thru WIFI so that didn't stop working if the regular controllers work.

Message 2 of 4 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Sep 17, 2013

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Well, yes, but the problem is that my WiFi/Bluetooth in the PS3 broke. I had wireless Dualshock controllers, which now I am only able to use through USB. However, the problem is that the Move controllers don't seem to work without WiFi/Bluetooth. That is, when connected through USB they just charge but dont do anything else.

What I wanted to know was if is there any way to have the Move controllers operating in a wired way, without any wireless active on the PS3.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5038 posts

Sep 18, 2013

Hi SouFantastico,

Just curious.  Have you tried resetting your move controller?  The last section in this article may help.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2100/

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)
0 Likes