First Son
2 posts

Re: PS4 Controller Won't Connect - Please Help!

Nov 21, 2013
I bought a new controller same problem. I'm just going to return my PS4.
Message 101 of 164 (2,103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 21, 2013
Ah that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get a PS4 that works!
Message 102 of 164 (2,097 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: My controller is frequently (every 10-15 min) going unresponsive

Nov 21, 2013

Onslaughtonline wrote:

I'm having the same problem but for me it i every 8 min. I called the sony support team and was told to connect the controller to the system with the linking cable and have a pin for the small hole on the bottum of the controller and to push the pin into the hole for a few seconds to reset the controller, it will turn off the controler then you will have to turn it back on. This solution didn't work for me because 8 minutes after the controller was turned back on same problem, they asked if it was becoming unresponsive while it was hooked up to the system or unhooked so I told them both so they said that it's the controler and would have to take it in to the store I bought it from since I have the warentee or send it in to them which would take about 3 weeks.

Same here I timed it and every 8 minutes almost to the second it stops responding. I tried both usb ports and wireless. I'm hoping I can just get a new controller from the store.

Message 103 of 164 (2,091 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Same issue here. Has anyone notice this? It seems lot of people have their controller or console problem by playing CoD Ghost? Has it anything to do with the Game? I went through previous commments and I found that few people tried to get a new controller to figure out whether its console problem or controller. In my case, the new controller still didnt work. It goes ORANGE everytime when I pluged in. Whats more, well, in my case, I got my console yesterday from sony canada, and I hit Cod Ghost for more than 6 hours. During the 6 hours playing, everything seems fine, no HDD problem, it runs quiet, didnt cause much heat. Then after that, I noticed that there was a system lag. Cuz when I turned around in the game, the action was lagged for about 1s. At first, I thought it might be the controller lack of battery or something, so I pluged my controller in and also checked the light of console. It was still white light on with  my PS4 console, but system still has that lagging issue.  So I decided to reboot my PS4, and after I reboot it, my controller stopped working. I tried to go with safe mode. Still didnt work. So at last, I called Sony and they offerd me an overnight box to ship my current one to them and send me a new one.  Hope  Sony could offically face this stupid problem and give us a word.

Message 104 of 164 (2,090 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2013

So after reading through the whole thread it seems the people having the loss of controller response after 8-15min replaced their controllers and are doing well now.  -- Problem == Controller

Everyone else who has an issue with controllers not syncing at all or very short range or only working in safe mode issues seem to be having problems with their systems and not the controllers themselves. Problem == System??

I'm attempting to consolidate all the different types of issues in this thread so we know which fixes work for which because obviously not everyone in this thread is having the same issue.  I haven't seen any real definitive posts about people having their issues resolved with syncing or safe mode so if anyone has a fix please let us know exactly what it was and for what issue.  Thanks everyone.  Feel free to correct my post if needed.

Message 105 of 164 (2,084 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 21, 2013

My controller just doesn't work at all. If everything is off and I hit the ps button...nothing. When I turn the unit on manually and try to turn on the controller via ps button it blinks white 30 times and nothing. Anyone having this issue. When the unit is on I can see the update option but I can't click to even see if it'll even fix it...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 106 of 164 (2,070 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 21, 2013
Call Sony for a replacement boss. Mine did the same thing. Can't fix it.
Message 107 of 164 (2,052 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 21, 2013
My situation?
Message 108 of 164 (2,048 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Looks like there is a wide range of issues in this thread, thinking might be a bit different:

My controller will intermittantly flake out and lage for 20 seconds to a minute.  Basically I will move the stick, and the screen won't respond for half a second, so there is no way to control anything when this happens.  Basically a delay in what I input with the controller, to what actually happens on screen.

I tried using two different controllers and I have the exact same issue.  I tried this online (KZ Shadow Fall and Battlefield 4) as well as offline (Resogun) and had the same issues so I don't believe its network related.

Is anyone else having this particular issue?  I am going to time this to see if its also every 8 minutes or so, just odd that this happened with two different controllers.

Message 109 of 164 (2,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Anyone experiencing and issue with your controller not working at all...i was informed to reset the controller from the bottom of the dual shock. use a paper clip and hold it for about five seconds THEN plug it in to the console. But make sure it is not plugged in to the usb port of the system during the reset process. Good luck.

Message 110 of 164 (2,026 Views)
0 Likes