Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: My controller is frequently (every 10-15 min) going unresponsive

Nov 15, 2013

Wow, thats very dissapointing.  I was hoping at worst this was a firmware issue that could be solved with a patch, but I guess not.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 145 (4,628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Playstation Button Bug for the DualShock4

Nov 15, 2013

I've notice everytime I use the playstation button to back out of something my face bottons stop reacting and I have to reset my control Via the reset button on the bottom left side of the controler. This is most likely a firmware issue than the controler itself. If your having this problem you'll just have to keep resetting your controler every time it stops resoponding. Also if you are having controler issues try recalibratiing the controller by holding the Playsation button and reset button at the same time for 3 seconds than resync your contorller using the sync cable.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 145 (4,631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: PS4 Controller Won't Connect - Please Help!

Nov 15, 2013

Can everyone confirm which games they have if you have a controller problem.  I'm trying to draw a conclusion that it is possibly a Call of Duty install issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 145 (4,637 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

I never even got into the system to play games.  Im still at the initial configuration to sync the controller to the ps4 via the wire.  So mark this unsolved not SOLVED, Moderator.  Unless you can fix my issue and everyone elses!!!!

Edit: updated troubleshooting steps in solution post

U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 145 (4,634 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Unicorn--Justice, you need to edit your post, if all of your suggested methods do not work, users should contact Sony, not the retailer from which the controller was purchased.

Sony has confirmed with me that this is in fact a console issue, NOT a controller issue.

I am having this problem, and it is occurring with two different controllers which were purchased at separate times. Sony's exact words to me were "your controllers are clearly searching for a connection because of the blinking blue light bar, but your console cannot make the connection."
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 145 (4,575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Unicorn I thank you for your efforts but none of those helped me get passed the "connect your controller to the ps4 and hit the ps button" screen.  I have yet to even see the UI or get to setup my language and Wifi network because the controller needs to connect first.  Do I need to start another Forum for this topic or can you remove the Solved tag from this one?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 145 (4,551 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4591 posts

Nov 16, 2013

New_Age_Rage wrote:

Unicorn I thank you for your efforts but none of those helped me get passed the "connect your controller to the ps4 and hit the ps button" screen.  I have yet to even see the UI or get to setup my language and Wifi network because the controller needs to connect first.  Do I need to start another Forum for this topic or can you remove the Solved tag from this one?  Thanks

Hi New_Age_Rage,

If you cannot contact your retailer for a replacement, please contact support for more troubleshooting/repair options at http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 145 (4,543 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Would love to........only problem is there's a sight wait probably close to 4 hours now since it's the middle of the day!  I would love to take the whole system apart but that would void my warrenty.  My retailer is amazon and the replacement option is not available.  Im guessing due to the high volume of orders for the ps4.  Any one hear from Amazon about replacement systems?

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 145 (4,534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Amazon can't replace, but they gave me an instant refund.  I already have my money back and the system hasn't even been sent in yet.  They even agreed to refund my opened games.  They are all going back until I find another unit...probably after all this launch hooplah dies down.

PSN ID: DredPirateStorm
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 145 (4,532 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 16, 2013

ok, i have tried everything that has been mentioned in the posts, so i decided to contact gamestop. The nice folks at gamestop have offered to exchange my unit for an unclaimed pre-order if they have one left. i have been able to play a little in the single player options in a few games by not conecting my ps4 to the internet, and hitting the reset button on the controller when it stops responding. but to do so i have to poke the button w/ a tiny screw drive, turn the controller back on, sign back in, and then resume the game. it is a bummer, but i at least get to play a little. hopefully, this won't happen on the next one i get, i dig the system. btw, out of the 50 systems sold at my gamestop, mine is the only one w/ any reported issues! bad luck for me!

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 145 (4,510 Views)
0 Likes