Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
67 posts

Re: PS4 Controller Won't Connect - Please Help!

Nov 17, 2013
Hey there TheGerryman .The Wi-Fi cannot be the issue I don't think as my PS4 is connected via ethernet and my controller likes to freak out every 15 minutes or so. So I pause the game, press the PS button and let it sit for a few minutes, then it'll work fine for a little while longer then freak out again. I also sit within 4-5 feet when I game anyway. As a certified PC tech I've came to the conclusion that it is firmware/software based. All that is needed is another system update.
Message 81 of 157 (2,508 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Hey guys I took my controller to the store I bought the systes from and they gave me a new one and it works just fine now no problems, might just be that the controllers that we all got were faulty ones so I'd suggest getting a new one.

Message 82 of 157 (2,459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

.....Never Mind that only worked once, disregard the rest.....I was having a lot of issues with it earlier, but it seems whenever I turn the console on with the controller wired it works right a way. It works fine with the controller unpluged as along as I start the console the with the controller plugged in with a USB cable and press the PS button. Anyone having any success with the method I'm using ? I really hope its just the controller and not the console.

Message 83 of 157 (2,431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013
I got the same issue, it disconnects but I pushed the PS button and it reconnects and disconnects again. Its impossible to do anything. Glad I got my receipt.
Message 84 of 157 (2,380 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I really wish someone from Sony would comment on the matter i don't want to send it back, just to know they will put a patch and fix it. Assuming it's a software issue which it looks like it is.

Message 85 of 157 (2,334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013

+1 - I had the exact same issue, my controller disconnected every 15 minutes and i had to turn it off and on again. I needed a  2nd controller so i went to the store and bought a new one. It worked perfectly, so yeah the issue is with the controller not the console for the disconnect issue.

I then took the broken controller to the same store i bought the 2nd controller and got it exachanged so i now have two controller that work perfectly.

For everyone having any issues with controllers i suggest you buy a 2nd controller and test to see where the issue is, either with the controller or the console. You can return \exchange  the faulty controller to the place you purchases the 2nd controller just like i did!

Thank god i didnt have to send in my PS4 to Sony.!

Message 86 of 157 (2,325 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 18, 2013
My issue is having the controls go haywire after a little bit of play. I just pause and let it sit for a minute or 2 and all is good for 15-20 minutes, wash and repeat. I'm with Onslaughtonline, I believe it is the controller as how could it be the system when all is working fine til things get heated during play.
Message 87 of 157 (2,306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Only way to find out is to get another controller to test! So get to it
Message 88 of 157 (2,301 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I seem to be having the same issue a lot of people on here are having.

My system seems to be working on.  The controller connected just fine.

But every 10 minutes or so the controller will simply stop responding.  It doesn't disconnect from the PS4 (there for the game doesn't pause).  The light on the controller stays on.   If it "stops" while I am in the middle of an action it will hold that input (i.e.  shooting in one direction in Rezogun, scrolling through a list in the UI).  

When the controller "stops" I need to turn the controller off by holding the PS on it for about 10 seconds.  Once the controller turns off it will disconnect from the PS4 and I can simply push the button again to reconnect the controller.  Once the controller is reconnected it will work fine for 10 minutes before quitting again.

It makes playing anything pretty much impossible.  

Has anybody with this issue bought a second controller and had that work for them?  

I'd like to figure out if its a controller or console issue before I sit on the phone with support for 2 hours.

Thanks!

Message 89 of 157 (2,287 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
963 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

Just got off the phone with Sony Customer service, and they stated that there would be an update coming tomorrow to to fix the controller issue. Wonder if anyone else has called and gotten the same response ??? Not that i don't believe them but i have not seen anyone else on the boards saying that. Is anyone else willing to call and wait to see if they get the same response ?

Message 90 of 157 (2,274 Views)
0 Likes