Nov 29 2013
By: destellar First Son 1 posts

PS4 Dual Shock 4 Replacement Parts

15 replies 8503 views Edited Nov 29, 2013
Please let me know how to obtain a R2 trigger button under the limited warranty for the PS4 DS4.  The plastic post that holds the spring is what broke already after only two weeks of steady use.  I'm sure this will happen or already has happened to some people.  Thank you in advance for your prompt response.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (8,503 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Re: PS4 Dual Shock 4 Replacement Parts

Nov 30, 2013

it happend to me today playing ghosts, it seems when they made the longer trigger back when you press it, it is more from side then straight up and down resulting on too much stress on R2 or L2, it is covered under manufactured one but i also bought extended thru sony, i called today they said il get a email with further info, i guess il just have to be really careful with next one cause i have a feeling this is going to happen alot with shooters

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (8,469 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 2, 2013

I have had the same thing - Two controllers broken because the spring post broke... I've only played for a few hours a day for the past two weeks...

Did you just call Sony under warranty to get a replacement????

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (8,443 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 6, 2013

yes i did and they sent it out very fast im thinking its a major flaw i hope not

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (8,357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 7, 2013
This also happened to me. I contacted Sony and they told me I could send it in. They told me I would receive an email with more info. In the email it had instructions on how to package the controller but it only gave me my sending address and did not give me instructions on where to send my controller. Do they send me a box first and I package the controller and send it back? Anyone else already have their controllers replaced under warranty?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (8,334 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 11, 2013
This also happened to me. Called Sony support and they are having me send it in to exchange for a new one... Looks like this is going to be a clear design flaw. Hope they change something soon.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (8,276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 11, 2014

This happened to me too... Still trying to locate one myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (7,843 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Jan 11, 2014

Calling Sony for an exchange is your only option other than returning it to the retailer as these parts are not available and may never be.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (7,826 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

My friends controler did the same thing. I took the controler apart and found the post with the spring failed. Not from user abuse. It fractured due to engenering flaw. The spring caused it to fail. The pastic hardness is not to par. I could also tell from how it seperated was not due to force by the user.

I just got done fixing it.

I used Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue. Just a little will do. It must be this type of super glue. If you don't have any. Don't bother.

Line up the fracture point and press firmly together. Take a toothpick and clean the overflow around the joint. If you don't it will have a little resistance. Then it would have to wear fit.

The glue is about $4 bucks from Walmart. Works flawlessly.

I do think that Sony should send us replacement parts for thoes who know how to fix things. All they would have to do is make us agree to a waiver that if we attempt to fix it and mess it up, we are liable.

In the end, it would save Sony in the long run. Instead of the cost of shipping, labor, then the cost of a whole new unit, when it was just a less than a .50 cent peice.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (7,818 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Jan 15, 2014

They need to do a recall asap 2 in one week for me lucky the one broke 3 days after i baught it so the retailer exchanged it.WP_20140114_001.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (7,669 Views)
0 Likes