Nov 20 2013
By: Holden19 First Son 2 posts

PS4 Microphone being registered as disconnected when conntected?

3 replies 1095 views Edited Nov 20, 2013

Two nights ago, I plugged my microphone into my controller and the message "[My name]'s device (Microphone) has been disconnected" appeared in the upper righthand corner.  It does this everytime I plug the mic in now.  If I leave the mic partially out, it registers it, but it doesn't work, and it's frustrating.

I received my PS4 on Friday, and the mic worked fine, up until Monday evening.  I understand the mute/unmute function, and it's definitely not muted.

I have two controllers, and I've tried both.  Both do the same thing.  I tried my iPhone mic to see if that would work, and it also doesn't work for either controller.

It worked fine Friday-Monday, but now, it's done for.  Thoughts?  Advice?  Similiar problems?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (1,095 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS4 Microphone being registered as disconnected when conntected?

Nov 26, 2013
Yeah I know exactly what u mean. At least urs worked though. As soon as I got mine out of the box it started that. I even bought a controller 3 weeks before launch and it does it also so. I called sony to replace my controller so I can see if its a bad set of headset jack. Just waiting on the box to send it in
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I've got a pair of trittons that have been working fine all this time and as soon as i buy another controller this issue appears for me now too. Really need help??

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (677 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3355 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Hey AeTe-. It sounds like you may have an issue with your controller. I recommend contacting your retailer for an exchange for a working one.

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (673 Views)
0 Likes