Sep 22 2012
By: EvolutionBoy56 First Son 10 posts
Accepted Solution

Problem with my ps3 controller

9 replies 3371 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

Hey, i started noticing some problems with my controller, but i dont know what it is. When im playing Call of Duty, i click L3 to sprint but sometimes it makes me switch weapons or reload my gun, which is done by hitting Triangle or Square. is it normal or is something wrong with the controller?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (3,371 Views)
VP of Gaming
27932 posts

Re: Problem with my ps3 controller

Sep 23, 2012

EvolutionBoy56 wrote:

Hey, i started noticing some problems with my controller, but i dont know what it is. When im playing Call of Duty, i click L3 to sprint but sometimes it makes me switch weapons or reload my gun, which is done by hitting Triangle or Square. is it normal or is something wrong with the controller?

No, it most certainly isn't normal, something it askew with your controller.

Is it a new controller, if not how long have you had it, also is it a Sony DS3 or a third-party controller?

If it's new return it for a refund/replacement, if it's old you could try re-syncing it with the PS3 to see if that helps, failing all of that a new DS3 might be an option.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (3,363 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Sep 23, 2012

Uhm, the controller i have is a standard dualshock3 controller that came with my PS3, and ive had it for maybe 2-3 years i think. and if it needs to be re-synced, how do i do that?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (3,352 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27932 posts

Sep 24, 2012

There's a recessed pinhole button on the back of the DS3, put a paperclip of point of a pen into it to reset/re-sync the DS3, hopefully thi'll work for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (3,348 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Had this issue a while back, also noticed that if I twisted the controller while holding it normally it had some give, easy fix though, use a screw driver and tighten it up. When I did mine though I took it completely apart and cleaned the inside (which can get surprisingly dirty). If you decide its necessary to take it apart then I reccomend having a second controller just incase you have problems getting it back together, It can be a challenge, the most difficult part is trying to get the shoulder buttons back in correctly and keeping the battery centered in the controller at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (3,341 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 24, 2012
i can't say much, mine does that to,melee when i try to fire or the controls are switched around.I HATE IT WHEN I PLAY AND THAT HAPPENS-MW3-4.tring to fix it, don't know how yet.
AntoineGatewood@
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (3,332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I'm having the same problem with a refurbished PS3 remote I just bought at GAMESTOP. I got one yesterday and changed it today for another one that has the same problem. VERY frustrating

Are your controllers refurbished? old? do you take them appart? do you smash them when you get killed by a camper or because of lag compensation?

I'm sticking to new remotes after this one. 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (3,310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
583 posts

Oct 23, 2012

EvolutionBoy56 wrote:

Don't worry, you're not alone. My ps3 controller that came with my ps3 does the same thing. It's so bad that sometimes if you shake the controller it triggers random buttons. 

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (3,292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 25, 2013

my controller's L3 button when i press it it will let me sprint for about 3 seconds my controller is about 4 or 5 years old help!!!! do i need to give it to somebody to fix it ?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (2,172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4373 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Hi,

If you are having issues with your Dualshock/SixAxis controllers, see this page:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/444/kw/dualshock%203

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (2,156 Views)
0 Likes