Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 04 2010
By: TURKS-CO First Son 5 posts

Ps3 Analog stick not working properly..

40 replies 22468 views Edited Dec 4, 2010

Basically on the new call of duty game black ops, the left analog on my controller pad is messed up. Everytime i click and move forward to run, it doesnt let me run, and it shoots, and changed guns, throws bombs etc.. Basically everytime i try and run by clicking L3 and moving forward it does all of these things at the same time. I tried getting  a different controller to see if it was my controller, but the same problem occured.. i have been into the settings on the game and the button layout etc.. is all fine.. SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Message 1 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Re: Ps3 Analog stick not working properly..

Dec 4, 2010

Sounds like your controller is overcharged. Turn it on and let the batteries die fully, then charge and try again. Also are you sure that you didn't change the the controller settings?

Message 2 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31101 posts

Dec 4, 2010
Overcharged controller, really?
Message 3 of 41 (22,468 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Dec 4, 2010

Overcharged? ive never heard of that.. but i will try it .. every opinion counts.. because i havent seen anyone with the same problem.. and yes im sure i didnt change it...   Its everytime i push forward on the left analog it either changes gun, shoots bullets, throws equipment or doesnt run... its really annoying

Message 4 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 4, 2010

What do you mean by that?

Message 5 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Dec 4, 2010

Ray186 wrote:

Sounds like your controller is overcharged. Turn it on and let the batteries die fully, then charge and try again. Also are you sure that you didn't change the the controller settings?

you missed that by a mile, its not over charged, and even if it was it wouldnt effect anything to do with control layouts, it sounds to me like someone went on and changed his controls around and he didnt think hard enough to go look there to see if they are the controls he uses.

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Message 6 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 4, 2010

But the thing is right.. i got one controller in which this problem occurs ye...  then i got another controller where everything is fine... so i bought a new controller thinking it was just the controller... but with the brand new controller the same problem occurs aswell... but with ONE of my other controllers its workingg?? so i am really confused

Message 7 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Dec 4, 2010

SkySniper920 wrote:

Ray186 wrote:

you missed that by a mile, its not over charged, and even if it was it wouldnt effect anything to do with control layouts, it sounds to me like someone went on and changed his controls around and he didnt think hard enough to go look there to see if they are the controls he uses.

With my dual shock I kept unplugging it and plugging it back in to make sure that it was charged on my PC. Next thing you know anytime I tried to play a FPS it would spin to the left faster than if I held it that way. It was actually making me dizzy because it was going so fast. When I went to sleep that night I left my PS3 on and let the controller run down fully. I then charged it up once and it went back to normal. That's really the only reason that I mentioned it.

Message 8 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 4, 2010

ill try it.. i dont think it will solve anything  but i will try.. ;d any more help??

Message 9 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 8, 2010

Hi,

I have had the same exact problem...left stick clicked in doesnt enable running...and it randomly does some other action like throw a nade, switch weapons of fires a few rounds..... ok but the main problem is it moves forward and backwards super slow....and I cant run..so everyone in black ops seems to be moving real fast... I have been unplugging it, opened it up and removed the battery...etc... I got the darn thing to stop glitching somehow...not sure what was the fix as it seemed to fix on its own...

the main problem is still there without the glitching...no running and super slow forward and backwards walk....any help on this for me and the other guy with the same problem is much appreciated...

Message 10 of 41 (22,468 Views)
0 Likes