Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 10 2013
By: Icaraeus First Son 5 posts

Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0086) - Faulty Microphone?

1 replies 579 views Edited Sep 10, 2013

I've had the Pulse headset for almost a year now and the only problem I have with it is that I'm unable to chat  while only using the headphone's microphone.

When I use it with the PlayStation 3, I've just plugged in the USB dongle where it automatically pairs with the system. The headset works almost perfectly: amazing sound quality and all the sliders and buttons work as they should according to the manual, just that the microphone doesn't seem to picking up my voice properly. At times when trying to see if it works I'd speak very loudly and a couple times I've "yelled" though the microphone either barely picks up my voice or not at all.

In the PS3's XMB menu when testing in the device settings, when I speak the "volume-meter" moves up and I can hear my voice relaying back clearly through the headphones though when I try to use it for anything else (online games, menu-chatting etc) it doesn't seem to work.

I've tried a lot of stuff to try and get it working, but the same thing as above happens. I'm not sure if it was me not setting it up properly or not: all I did to set it up was place the dongle in the slot and switched the default audio from TV to headset - just the mic doesn't seem to be working.

The same sort of thing happens on a computer.

I still have warranty so I could replace it if I wanted to, but I don't really think that would be necessary if it could be fixed.

Message 1 of 2 (579 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0086) - Faulty Microphone?

Sep 14, 2013

Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 2 of 2 (538 Views)
0 Likes