Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 09 2013
By: Puroxicity First Son 3 posts

Sony Pulse elite headset side tone issue

4 replies 385 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

When you talk into the headset playing GTA 5 (might be other games as well) you can not hear your self speak therefore you have no idea how loud you are. 

I know about the sidetone feature that is built in by holding the mute switch, but it doesn't seem to affect how loud it is, as I cannot hear any diffrence at all. 

I assume most if not all of you have the same problem! So I'm here to hopefully have sony see this issue we are having and correct it as they did with their last batch of headsets in 2011 by adding the side tone feature in the settings. 

If you could call the sony support hotline, maybe with a bunch of calls they will notice and patch this with an update! 

Thank you for reading and please comment below if you either have a fix or have the same issue!

Message 1 of 5 (385 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13268 posts

Re: Sony Pulse elite headset side tone issue

Oct 9, 2013

I have the headset and I can never get side tone to work properly. If it works it is too quiet to be worth it.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Message 2 of 5 (382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 9, 2013

Do you think they will make a patch for this sometime soon? I love this headset to much to get rid of it! :smileysad: 

I can only assume they will, but then again they have been out for over a year and nothing has been changed so far! although I only got mine a weed ago. 

Thank you for your reply!

Message 3 of 5 (374 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I'm an avid Battlefield player and I ended up returning them for this very reason. I even called Sony about it to see if there were any settings I wasn't aware of, but  the agent simply recited  some basic troubleshooting steps that came far from solving the problem (she knew even less about the issue than I did). In the end, I just coudln't justify the high price tag since I rely so heavily on a good chat interface. I love everything else about the Pulse Elite, and will buy them again if they end up patching this.

Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1542 posts

Nov 19, 2013

I bought them upgrading from the non-elite addition because you were suppoe to be able to hear your voice but so far it's the same head in a can sound the other one had.   When playing with others online I can barely hear them and they say I sound like I'm playing in a barrel.

While SONY may have the 7.1 right the side control is a total failure and without it it makes using the headset to commnicate to others a waste of time!!!  So yes  when I play alone I have surround sound.

Any turtle beachers out there have anything to report on the headset feature of turtle beach headsets??

Message 5 of 5 (308 Views)
0 Likes