Nov 21 2013
By: Sly-Dawgg First Son 11 posts
Accepted Solution

Sony Wireless Stereo Headset issue

9 replies 942 views Edited Nov 21, 2013

Less than a year ago, I purchased a new headset (the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset, bluetooth) and it has been working great. 

This is the one I am talking about:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4704/kw/headset

I also purchased a PS4, and now cannot seem to get them to work for the PS4.  I have gone back and tested and still works fine on the PS3.  Does anybody else have this issue?  I've read others having issues with other brands of headsets (Turtlebeach and such), but not the Sony brand.  I assumed that Sony's own brand would work with their PS4, but maybe I am not doing something correctly in the settings or something.

When I plug into the PS4 and turn on I see an error message that says something like "Device not supported"

Any thoughts, or is there information that Sony's own wireless headset will not work with the PS4?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 10 (942 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4409 posts

Re: Sony Wireless Stereo Headset issue

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

Right now unfortunately the wireless headphones are not supported. This feature however is in the works as outlined in our FAQ. Apologies for any inconvenience

J_W

Message 2 of 10 (937 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Nov 21, 2013

Support will be patched in soon enough hopefully but at this point in time no dice

Message 3 of 10 (935 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 22, 2013

i have posted in many threads about this but i will say it again usb is not supported but if you have a line in port on your headset you can use them through the controller for game audio.   please watch my video.  i have been given kudos from sony support for my help with this issue.

http://youtu.be/VHk8oT01Px4

Message 4 of 10 (906 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Nov 22, 2013

I'm having the same problem with mine..... Sucks that I cant use my $100 Playstation headset on my $400 Playstation

Message 5 of 10 (896 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I have the same problem with my headset. It's upsetting that takes so much time to release a fix for this. Specially that is a original SONY product!? 

Message 6 of 10 (829 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 17, 2013

Thanks, with that link (and some digging) I was able to find the following statement:

headset.JPG

Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset – Elite Edition, which are currently sold for PS3, work on PS4 at launch in North America? What about other wireless headsets?

PS4 will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on PS4, though most USB headsets will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.

===============================

I will try and wait patiently for the next patch in hopes the SONY Wireless Headset(s) function again.

Message 7 of 10 (774 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Dec 17, 2013
Thanks for the video, good hack for now until Sony & PS4 have their previous headsets working (per their statement found in the FAQ).
Message 8 of 10 (772 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Dec 20, 2013

use a 3.5mm cable and plug into the controller. They wont work Blutooth till jan.

Message 9 of 10 (740 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2013

Does this mean that only the Pulse Headsets will be supported? Or will it also support the standard Wireless Stero Headset ( http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html )

Message 10 of 10 (677 Views)
0 Likes