First Son
1 posts

Re: The Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset: Problems With Interference

Mar 4, 2013
My headset would also go off and the USB stick will flash but i just turned off media sharing like Ironback said and it works fine now. i understand this was made in 2011 but i was having the issue so i wanted to share my insight
Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 112 (880 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Same is happening with me I'm (playing black ops 2 in 2013) and everytime I turn it on it says connection interupted and its realllllyyyyy annoying :smileysad: fix
Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 112 (817 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Exactly the same as me!! It inturupts the wifi and the black ops 2 im playing its crap I bought a WIRELESS headset and I don't want to have a USB stuck into it!
Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 112 (816 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 4, 2013
It definently connects quickier when the connection is lost wish i had seen this before i bought them wouldnt have
Etherway great post
Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 112 (744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 4, 2013
So switching ports for the ps3 usb dongle and turning my ipad off worked for me
Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 112 (742 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 29, 2013
i just bought the ps3 wireless stereo headset today and it worked good for a couple games and then the noise from the mic turned off for 2 minutes then came back on for a while and turned back off and its making me **bleep** off that i just paid 100 dollars for this does anyone know how to fix that
Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 112 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Jul 29, 2013

i have the headset and i HATE it, its uncomfortable compared to others and the charge life blows after a couple of months

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 112 (568 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

Well, it's coming up on the two year anniversary since I've purchased the Sony Wireless Stereo headset. I wanted to take a few moments to say that this headset has taken a beatdown in the time since it's been with me. It has been used almost every day for the past two years and is still in great condition. There has been no quality drop sound wise, the battery holds the same charge, and none of the components have broken on it despite being dropped several times. (Sometimes from 6'6ft up) :smileyhappy: Oh and it's compatible with PC's. What's not to love?

I have never in my life purchased a headset that has lasted me this long. And though this thread was meant to show my frustration with interference issues, it ends on a positive note. Intereference issues are not a big deal at all. You can overcome these types of problems. On the other hand, it's really hard to see a product like this that can stand the test of time. This could be the best benjamin I have ever forked out. Thank you Sony for building a durable product that has lasted me two years and counting. (Can't say that about your fat ps3 though. I cried when I encountered that horrible yellow flashing light.) I am definitely buying my next headset from you.

Giving this product a rating of 10/10 after a long 2 years of service.

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 112 (554 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4325 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2013

Well thanks to the Monopoly from McDonald's, I got an instant win of $100 and used it towards buying the Pulse Elite headset to compare to my Astro A50's.

I think I need to give these a month to break in, kinda on the tight side. Sorta wished they used cloth pads to allow better ventilation as the leather make my ears sweat a bit. I can live with it BTW, it's still a very stylish headset.

Egad though, there are so many settings on each cup that it's crazy. There is slider to balance voice and game audio ( want more voice or want more game audio, is up to you how much). There is of course a slider for general volume as well as a bass master slider, depending on how intense you want it. There is a VSS button to turn it off or on to switch between surround sound and Stereo sound. And the last button is a mic on and off button, self explanatory. You of course have an of and on switch but there is an led light near it to show if it's charging, on, or about to die. Very helpful.

The pulse feature is pretty strong though, I have to have it near the lowest setting so I don't get a headache because holy crap can that bass master hit hard in this headset. Rumble pack in your cups wouldn't do the explanation justice. 

As for the sound, the highs are pretty clear, allot more clear than my Astros. The Mids can easily be found and the lows are there but better emphasized with the Bass Mast

er, only a little bit of volume is necessary. Volume in general can be  pretty loud but I keep it It mid level.

The mode button has various "equalized" profiles but so far I prefer Game (duh). What I find interesting is that there is an app for the headset which you can grab for free from the PlayStation store. This allows you to swap profiles in and our easily but some profiles are tweaked so the player can enjoy their games better. I'm a little upset that there is a BioShock Infinite one, traded that game in a few weeks ago. Currently I'm playing The Last of Us which has a Pulse profile. Loving it so far! 

One thing is a bit strange and maybe I just need more time with them is that the surround... Isn't as enveloping like my Astros. I think I might chalk it to my Astros being Dolby certified, I'm sure Sony is using their own in house surround sound technology. Again, maybe I just needed more time with it i'm sure. I did just get the headset last night :smileytongue:!

That's my thoughts of it so far, I Will update later with maybe pics and more thought comparisons to my two headsets I own now. I'm currently debating if I like one of them really well I might sell the other for cheap (I never look for profit, I'll make it fair). Just don't know right now so no promises.

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 112 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8795 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Problem is, you are not going to get a good comparison by comparing bad headphones like the A50's or Pulse Elites. You would be much better off returning the Pulse, selling the A50's and instead, using your money for an Astro Mixamp and a real pair of headphones. Maybe something like the Sennheiser HD598's, AKG K701's or even something cheaper but still very impressive like the Samson SR850's or Shure SRH-440's.

I see so many threads on various gaming sites of people raving and comparing "Gaming" headsets when they have never had anything real to compare them to. Sadly everybody is being sold on a gimmick whether they are using Pulse, Astro, Turtle Beach, Tritton, etc.

If you want a good place to visit and learn about the best possible audio for your gaming system, I suggest checking out Gamespots A/V section or better yet, www.head-fi.org.
Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 112 (518 Views)
0 Likes