Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: The Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset: Problems With Interference

Oct 12, 2011

I have the problem with my wifi connection, I play for a while and my psn connection always close automatically. however my controller works fine. I hope sony fixed this with an update. It's unbelievable they didn't  tested with wifi connections.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 12, 2011

Have you tried updating the wireless router firmware?

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 12, 2011

http://www.pc-express.cl/images/fotos/1795/1_200.jpgI just play an hour and a half without any problem. just connecting the usb with a usb cable extension like this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
230 posts

Oct 14, 2011

I was having this controller lag after getting my headset on tuesday, I grabbed my USB extension cable and the issue went away.  Seems odd that it would interfere with the controller.  Before trying the extension cable I changed the channel on both my wireless networks to 1 and that did nothing for me.  So it looks like the easiest fix is the usb extension cable. 

I would also be curious to know what system people are having issues with. Are you on the fat or slim with this issue. I myself am on a fat 40gb ps3(320gb now).

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 22, 2011

The headset interfers with my wireless network.. I get quite extreme lagspikes when i play DCUO. then i put my headset in the line between my wireless modem and computer/ps3, my network for both the machine got taken out! I can't even play the game properly now with this headset!

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 27, 2011

I've come to realize that I have been having connectivity issues and am constantly getting disconnected to the internet when I plug it in. I had hoped to find a solution but it's somewhat a relief that I'm not the only one with problems like this. Hopefully there will be a fix for this.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Oct 28, 2011

Have you tried upgrading the software on your wireless router?

Have you tried a USB extension cable for the Wireless Stereo Headset USB dongle?

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 29, 2011

Thank heavens for this article! I greived for an hour or so for having this exact issue. I was incredibley pissed off.

This is my first post here, and all to thank the users that reported success with using a USB extender. In this case, my problem was with the Arkham City batarang PS3 controller (I for one think it looks cool in real life!), as if I wasn't exactly in front of the receiver while my stereo headset was on, it wouldn't connect for more than a second. Oddly, my DualShock 3 worked perfectly.

So I took the USB extender that I received with Rock Band 2, and stuck my stereo headset USB receiver into it. And now it works perfectly in synchronis with my Arkham City controller!

Thanks for the help, guys!

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I'm having the exact same problem. The moment I connect the headset to the ps3, my internet connection goes out. I'm using a wireless network so obviously it's some interference problem because when I take it out the connection returns.

I'm not pleased to find out that the only easy fix is to buy a usb extender...kinda defeats the purpose of wireless. If someone doesn't figure this out then I'll probably end up returning them and buy a Turtle Beach headset, which is a shame because I snagged these from walmart for only $79.99.

Hope someone finds out!

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 112 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Nov 6, 2011

You can get a USB extension cord for dirt cheap from Monoprice or Newegg. It doesn't need to be very long, nor does it have to reach all the way to your headset. You simply want the USB dongle of the headset to be slightly further away from your console.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 112 (1,281 Views)