Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 17 2013
By: Jawwbraker13 First Son 1 posts

Turtlebeach px3's on ps4

17 replies 11154 views Edited Nov 17, 2013
Hello everyone,
Will my turtlebeach px3's work when the software update comes out? This is a 150$ headset and buying another one of the same cost is outrageous when it worked for ps3!

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 18 (11,154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Turtlebeach px3's on ps4

Nov 17, 2013

I have the turtle beach call of duty ones, the usb amp does not seem to work volume is to quiet so I hook the audio cable from the head seat directly into the controller and tell the ps4 to play all audio through the controller and that works like a champ

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 18 (11,141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 22, 2013

Im having problems with my px3 as well, i can hook it up fine but i have to have the settings on the transmitter set to pc so i can hear audio and chat but when i touch the volume butten the headset disconnects from the ps4 and then reconnects and its not the headset cause it works fine on the ps3. I can hear chat fine but i can barely hear the audio and i dont have a cable to connect the headset to the controller.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 18 (11,093 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Nov 22, 2013

@Jawwbraker13 

First off, you need to buy the PS4 Chat Cable.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

PX3

1. Connect the Headset to a Headphone jack or Red and White "Audio Out" outputs on the back of your TV with the RCA splitter cable. NOTE: This is necessary for game audio.
2. Connect the 2.5mm end of the PS4 Chat Cable to the Xbox 360 Talkback Cable Jack.
Then connect the 3.5mm end of the PS4 Chat Cable to the PS4 Controller.
3.  Go to Settings > Screen and Sound > Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port
4.  Select “HDMI Out”
5.  Go to Settings > Screen and Sound> Audio Output Settings > Output to Headphones
6.  Select “Chat Audio”
7.  Go to Settings > Screen and Sound> Audio Output Settings > Audio Format(Priority)
8.  Select “Linear PCM”
If your chat volume is either too loud or too soft:
• Go to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Headsets and Headphones > Volume Control (Headphones) and change the audio level to your liking.

"Don't forget to give Kudos!"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 18 (11,087 Views)
Fender Bender
3627 posts

Nov 22, 2013

TheRealDro wrote:

@Jawwbraker13 

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

Did you even read the Link PX3 is not supported by that cable....

• PX5
  • XP500
  • XP400
  • X42
  • X41
  • DX12
  • DX11
  • DPX21
  • DXL1
  • Call of Duty® Black Ops II TANGO
  • Call of Duty® Black Ops II X-RAY
  • Call of Duty® MW3 Delta

Ear Force® Stereo Headset Compatibility*:

• X12
  • X11
  • XL1
  • X32
  • X31
  • XP300 

NO PX3

The OP needs a RCA/Phono audio out connection to his headset... or an optical to RCA convertor box

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 18 (11,076 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

This is complete robbery.. 

Just paid for this peice of crap headset (PX3s) and it doesnt work for crap! It doesnt work on PS4 and as someone said before, all that happens to me anyway is that it works really low volume (after screwing with it for 2 hours give or take)! and then if you try to raise the volume, it disconnects! what the hell!? So then they have this cable for like 6 bucks which is "out of stock".. did China go on strike? Also why would I wanna buy a cord for another $7 when I just bought a$150 headset?? Overall if you dont have this, dont buy it theres better for cheaper headsets out there. I bought it for the "CUSTOMIZABLE" presets and so far the ones you download as stock as can be are essentially all the same sounding.. Anyway if anyone knows how to connect this thing to the ps4 please comment..

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 18 (11,060 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3627 posts

Nov 23, 2013

InFuSeD4Life wrote:

This is complete robbery.. 

Anyway if anyone knows how to connect this thing to the ps4 please comment..

The £7 cable won't work any way.

With out an RCA audio out on your HDTV or Audio amp... You can't get the Amplifier Headsets to full volume with out PAYING more for extra kit... All RCA amplifier headsets WILL require EXTRAs...

The amplifier headset requires the external AUDIO feed to go loud in volume... nothing natively on PS4 will do that... external feeds... 

Extra cost is required... if the settings on PS4 are to quite.....

PS4 optical out.

Into to OPTICAL to RCA convertor...

into the PX3 RF base Station broadcaster....

As a last resort the HEADPHONEs socket in the HDTV.... can be used to feed the the game audio input jack...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 18 (11,051 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Anyone have a solution for using headsets with a monitor? 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 18 (10,989 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 25, 2013

Hey - I've got the my px3's working, albeit not perfectly but pretty decent considering they werent going to be supported at all.. In any case here's what i did..

if your TV has a headphones out.. ur set.. plug in at 3.5mm cord into the tv headphones slot then into the lil amp box that comes into the px3's..

if you are using a monitor it should have the big - 6.5mm headphone connector.. you can buy a 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and proceed as above. using the 3.5mm cord (same cord you would use to plug and iphone int the aux spot in ur car for example). 

Then use the xbox cord that came with the headset - you may have thrown it out.. its essentially a 3.5mm jack at one end and a 2.5mm jack at the other end. Plug the 2.5 into the headset - plug the 3.5mm into your ps4 controller.  Make sure that you go through the turtle beach recomended settings and voila you "should" be up and running. 

the problem i have is that i cant always hear the in game chat... to fix it i typically togle the pc, ps3, xbox swithc on the amp a few times. which eventually makes it work.  But once it does i have zero problems with it cutting out. But make sure that its on the ps3 setting at the end.

cheers

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 18 (10,976 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 3, 2013
I got robbed for 100 bucks. Turtlebeach if the headset doesnt work either give me a updated headset or refund my money. This is so sad last time I buy a turtlebeach promise you that.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 18 (10,483 Views)
0 Likes