Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: URGENT Pulse Elite Edition Wireless Headset Issue

May 31, 2013

I had the same problem as everyone else here. The answer I found was to do a hard reset by disconnecting and reconnecting the headset's battery. The battery is located in the right earpiece of the headphone. Be careful while doing this. I didn't see any capacitors that could shock you, but there might be one. I won't take any responsibility if you do something silly and break the headset even more, or hurt yourself. Now then. Take off the earpad, remove the three screws, and carefully remove the speaker. There is a cable connecting the speaker to the circuitboard underneath, so pry the connector loose and you're golden. Unsnap the next layer (it is a plastic doughnut-like layer holding the battery and circuitboard in) and remove it. There is a bit of adhesive under the battery, so pry that up, carefully undo the battery connector from the board, and you're set. Now reattach it the same way, put everything back together in reverse order, and *hopefully* you have a working headset again! Let me know if this works for anyone else. Good luck!

Message 21 of 39 (3,739 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 3, 2013
my usb adaptor just stays steady green and its pissing me off bc it has no sounf or anything
Message 22 of 39 (3,320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2013

This is my video on how to fix your sony pulse elite headset using the steps laid out by others in the comments above thanks guys it worked! In the spirit of things getting done yourself i made this tutorial to help you guys disassemble and fix your headset very easily.

Hope you guy's enjoy the video and happy gaming guys!

Message 23 of 39 (3,251 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 1, 2013

i found a solution to the problem....download pulse elite headset manager in playstation store under apps and after dowloading open the manager plug in your headset using the USB cable and press select then reset to default then after that follow instructions hen plug headset back in then update it and walllaaah!

Message 24 of 39 (3,018 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 1, 2013

where did you find the download??I couldn't find it only thing I found was the ps3 update which is what I think screwed up my head set.

Message 25 of 39 (3,013 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2013

Hi,

I have the same problem whit my pulse elite edition!!!! The headset won't sync whit the wireless adapter. I tried to reset the adapter and the Headset but it doesn't work either!!!!!!!!  I'm very mad!!!!!!

How do I fix it???? Please help me it would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Message 26 of 39 (2,940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 13, 2013

I'm kind of having the same issue as others in this thread. On my original PS3, it worked great. But unfortunately it took a turn for the worse, so I decided to buy a new ps3. Well this headset doesn't work with this new ps3. The headset connects to the dongle, and my PS3 recognizes it, but I don't get any sound out of the headset. When I test the mic, I can hear myself, and when I use it on my windows PC it works, but for some reason I cannot get any audio (except for test the Mic) to come out of the headset.  Even when I connect the headset using the audio cable that came with it, I still don’t get any sound out of it. The only thing I can think of is the latest PS3 firmware broke the headset. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem I am? I purchased it through Amazon.

Message 27 of 39 (2,928 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Same problem here. Can't update the firmware, because the headset is dead and won't power on.  Sony has made it impossible to file a warranty claim on this - the model number on the headset doesn't even show up as valid in their system:  CECHYA-0086.  Complete BS.  We should not be fooling around trying to disassemble a $150 headset ourselves and probably void the warranty. Stand by your products Sony stop shafting your customers.

Message 28 of 39 (2,829 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 13, 2013
Message 29 of 39 (2,763 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013

Meezy_FMG's solution fixed mine - after only using them once out of the box, was rather annoyed to see the blue blinking light of death, but the app and reset to factory defaults has fixed the problem :smileyvery-happy:

Message 30 of 39 (2,641 Views)
0 Likes