Survivor
2443 posts

Re: Pulse elite unanswered question.

Oct 10, 2013
I'm not really having any issue with low volume on GTA 5 just not very much pulse. It is there for me though, just not very much. I don't really think that's that bad of a thing though, unless I'm listening to music with my pulse, I generally turn the bassimpact off, its really distracting and not really a great help to me when I'm trying to concentrate on a mission.
Message 21 of 27 (448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Pulse elite unanswered question.

Oct 24, 2013

i used the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset and was very happy with it while playing GTA V. Yesterday i installed my new Pulse Elite and there is absolutly no bass compared to the old Sony headset. This is really frustrating, i've spend 180$ for an upgrade and recevied a downgrade in bass quality.

is this really only a software bug or is the old Sony Wireless Stereo Headset the better one?

Message 22 of 27 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: sony pulse elite issue on gta V

Nov 4, 2013

Hi,

I changed language from Pulse app and set the mode to GTA V however, the bass and max sound is still very low. 

Message 23 of 27 (369 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 5, 2013

Good luck getting any answers about this or any other issue. I have placed multiple calls and emails to both Sony and Rockstar. Both point to each other and tell me to kiss there A$$ and thanks for the money. The mods here like to move my posts around instead of offering any real help. This seems to be the going rate for sony. I was talked into buying a dualshock 4 today by a guy at gamestop. He told me it would work on ps3 with no problem but that was a straight lie. Sony chat support gave me a link to read all about the PS4 but no answers. I understand its not Sonys fault for someone at gamestop speaking out of place but a nice yes it will after an update later or no it will not work could have kept me buying more stuff from them. I like there products but customer service is terible. I think I am just going to go buy a $10 controller and use it for a week. When it stops I will **bleep** on it and then throw it in a fire. Might just do that with these headphones and the ps3. Its time for me to go back to PC gaming. At least then I can find help from good companies that care more about the people paying them.

Message 24 of 27 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2013

The low volume in GTA with the pulse elite headphones has been bothering me for a while.  I tried the gta sound mode but I found that the 'game' mode was still better (and probably louder). I do get some rumble but its not that great.   I've been testing out other headsets and for the money the pulse is still a good buy, they just need to make a mode that has a louder volume.  I also read companies like turtle beach have actually lowered the default max volume due to laws in foreign countries so Sony may be following suit.  The difference is, with some of the turtle beach ones you can tweak the settings yourself with a free program and the gta created modes are actually louder than the default max volume.   My advice is either wait it out and hope someone makes a better sound mode for gta, try using another games preset and see if that makes a difference (and let us know),  or spend more and get a turtle beach headset.  Their website already shows all the headsets that are compatible with PS4 so you don't have to worry.  I'll most likely be returning my Pulse Elite's and keeping the PX 51's unless they somehow fix the issue because I want it to be loud and it bothers me enough that its not.

Message 25 of 27 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 15, 2013
Why does this thread say solved when it isn't? I can't believe that they would release a special headset for gta v with a special mode for for it and not have it works properly for months. It baffles the mind.

Does anyone know what the status on a patch/fix for these issues?
Message 26 of 27 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 18, 2014

I'm having same issue, I play GTA V and COD IV on the PS3 and the max volume is low and the bassimpact is non-existent. However when I use wireless dongle on my Alienware laptop the volume and bassimpact works !! on my PC games such as Battlefield 3 and itunes music.  How ironic, I bought the Sony elite puls GTA V edition especially for PS3 gaming and it doesn't work when I play GTA V ????  I tried re-setting the headset and have selected the GTA V module but no luck. 

Message 27 of 27 (165 Views)
0 Likes