May 03 2013
By: eagles1990 PlayStation MVP 27920 posts

PS Plus System Update Glitch?

6 replies 226 views Edited May 3, 2013

I've noticed that for the last few system updates, when I turn my PS3 on it says the updates were auto downloaded through PS Plus but when I go to log into the Network, it tells me I have to download the update. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (226 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

Re: PS Plus System Update Glitch?

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

I've noticed that for the last few system updates, when I turn my PS3 on it says the updates were auto downloaded through PS Plus but when I go to log into the Network, it tells me I have to download the update. 

Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

I'm having the exact same thing eagles, it happened with me today with Amazon or Netflix, it said patch downloaded or something then when i went to open the App it had me do the download/update!!!!!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (206 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
605 posts

May 3, 2013
[Moved from PS Gen]
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (198 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14949 posts

May 3, 2013

Glitch?

This is not a glitch.... the PS3 only DOWNLOADS the firmware update as it still requires user interaction to acknowledge a few things like accepting the TOS.

You're still required to update your PS3, but you at least dont have to download it. 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (190 Views)
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

May 3, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Glitch?

This is not a glitch.... the PS3 only DOWNLOADS the firmware update as it still requires user interaction to acknowledge a few things like accepting the TOS.

You're still required to update your PS3, but you at least dont have to download it. 

We're talling about PS Plus here gR3y, & as for downloading yes, it says it has then it asks us to download it again!!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16211 posts

May 5, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Glitch?

We're talling about PS Plus here gR3y, & as for downloading yes, it says it has then it asks us to download it again!!

BRIT-KO

Doesn't it go right to accepting TOS then install? I've had this happen too with the Plus auto update thing and I thought it did the download just like grey said.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27607 posts

May 5, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Glitch?

BRIT-KO

Doesn't it go right to accepting TOS then install? I've had this happen too with the Plus auto update thing and I thought it did the download just like grey said.

Hmm, you have me doubting myself now ne1!

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes