Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2013
By: docshady I Only Post Everything 1030 posts

Recent changes on the PS store

5 replies 252 views Edited Mar 31, 2013

With the recent changes on the PS store, I've been having a little difficulty with the PS+ free games.  

PS+ members used to add a free game to the checkout, go through the purchase process, accept the charge of 0.00 dollars to complete the purchase, and decide after whether or not you wanted to download the game after the "purchase" process.

A recent change gives the PS+ members a download now button right off the bat.  No option to attach and download later?  Is there a way around this?  I don't want to download everything that becomes available but I do want to attach those free games to my account for later download (as I plan on getting a Vita in the near future).

Any ideas?

doc shady signature
Message 1 of 6 (252 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12332 posts

Re: Recent changes on the PS store

Mar 31, 2013
Just press download, cancel download, and there you go.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 31, 2013

there is no need to "attach" any games to your account, when you get a vita the games will be there to download if you are still a PS plus member

Message 3 of 6 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
4497 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Moved from Playstation General
Message 4 of 6 (202 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15488 posts

Apr 1, 2013

docshady wrote:

I don't want to download everything that becomes available but I do want to attach those free games to my account for later download (as I plan on getting a Vita in the near future).

Any ideas?

Yes.  Use the Playstation Store on the web (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games). It can sell things, but it can't download anything. You can purchase the free games on the web, and then just download the ones that you want to install to your console later.

GKP
Message 5 of 6 (200 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

Apr 2, 2013

gkpama00 wrote:

docshady wrote:

I don't want to download everything that becomes available but I do want to attach those free games to my account for later download (as I plan on getting a Vita in the near future).

Any ideas?

Yes.  Use the Playstation Store on the web (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games). It can sell things, but it can't download anything. You can purchase the free games on the web, and then just download the ones that you want to install to your console later.

Thanks for the advise everybody, I used gkpama00's suggestion and it worked perfectly. Kudos to you!

doc shady signature
Message 6 of 6 (175 Views)
0 Likes