PlayStation MVP
27979 posts

Re: Official Platinum Trophy Leaderboard

Jun 28, 2011

Oh and Hawk.... Everything in GOW3 is cake compared to Zeus on Titan Mode. Good luck though. There's no certain strategy to beating the later parts of the game. It's just hope you get lucky and catch them slipping lol. It took me 5-6 hours to beat Zeus on Titan mode. I think I died at minimum 50 times facing him. That was the toughest thing I ever had to do for a platinum until I beat Mass Effect 2 on Insanity Mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 72 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Jun 28, 2011

eagles1990 wrote:

Oh and Hawk.... Everything in GOW3 is cake compared to Zeus on Titan Mode. Good luck though. There's no certain strategy to beating the later parts of the game. It's just hope you get lucky and catch them slipping lol. It took me 5-6 hours to beat Zeus on Titan mode. I think I died at minimum 50 times facing him. That was the toughest thing I ever had to do for a platinum until I beat Mass Effect 2 on Insanity Mode.

That is where I am stuck...and it is the only trophy I need to get the game's Platinum trophy. I really admire guys like Hawkfan, Brnout and Eagles1990 that have 15+ platinum trophies.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 72 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4068 posts

Jun 28, 2011

I only have 5 Platinum trophies but here they are.

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - December 1, 2010 7:15:02 PM

• Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time - May 22, 2011 7:00:05 PM

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - December 6, 2009 7:49:05 PM

• Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - November 9, 2009 7:24:31 PM

• SOCOM 4 - Date Unavailable

SOCOM 4 was probably the easiest Platinum trophy and I got it in a week or so after getting the game. I am most proud of my Ratchet & Clank Future: ACIT trophy as the series is one of my most favorite games. Special thanks to Hawkfan who game me some helpful tips. I really want to work on the Platinum trophies for Assassin's Creed II, God of War, God of War II and God of War III next.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
27979 posts

Jun 28, 2011

CaribbeanCLANK wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

That is where I am stuck...and it is the only trophy I need to get the game's Platinum trophy. I really admire guys like Hawkfan, Brnout and Eagles1990 that have 15+ platinum trophies.

CaribbeanCLANK Trophy Card

What made GOW3 even more frustrating was that the videos I watched on how to beat Zeus did not help at all. It was like he was using different attack combos than in the videos.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11005 posts

Jun 28, 2011

You can add these to your leaderboard if you wish, Brrn…

Resident Evil 5 (platinum) – May 11, 2009, 7:32:08 AM UTC+00:00

Tekken 6 (platinum) – November 12, 2009, 4:34:47 AM UTC+00:00

Heavy Rain (platinum) – March 21, 2010, 7:32:57 AM UTC+00:00

Bayonetta (platinum) – May 8, 2010, 2:28:16 AM UTC+00:00

Mafia II (platinum) – September 2, 2010, 5:52:12 AM UTC+00:00

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (platinum) – December 23, 2010, 5:10:31 AM UTC+00:00

I think my “favorite” platinum trophies are the ones that I received for Resident Evil 5 and Bayonetta. My platinum trophy for Resident Evil 5 was my first platinum trophy (take that for what it's worth). Interestingly enough, I managed to complete this video game to 100% last year in terms of its trophy percentage.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10783 posts

Jun 28, 2011

I've only a single Platinum myself (while attempting to work on a second for Infamous), but for Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition it took me one month from the time of the first trophy being delivered to the time of the Platinum (April 6th-May 6th). Here is the time stamp marked on the Platinum:

May 6, 2011

10:30:05 PM EDT

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5694 posts

Jun 30, 2011

Keep those platinum times flowing in guys! I am sorry for any delays on the leaderboard, but I am afraid my PC is dead and I am forced to write this on my back up (and painfully slow) other PC. I will update the leaderboard as soon as I can.

One thing I must note: Although this is suppose to be a competative leaderboard ALL your platinums earned are welcome as it's always great to have lots of members participate. So post em if you have earned em!

Good luck and keep collecting

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13832 posts

Jul 1, 2011

Well, I know that I'm not the Platinum leader. But, I do have 17 platinums and I'm working on my 18th.

The 1st platinum trophy)

Game: Terminator:smileyfrustrated:alvation

Date earned: 8/10/2009

The story:

I basically knew that I was buying a bad game when I bought this. It's a typically bad movie-based game, afterall. But, I was desperate to do two things. 1) Earn more gold trophies and 2)Earn my first platinum. It was a fairly easy platinum to get. There were only story mode trophies, all of which were gold trophies and so after my 1st playthrough, all I had to do was beat hard mode to earn the platinum. I did this and afterwards learned that in order to get many single player platinum trophies, I was going to have to beat hard mode. And I can only attempt hard mode after I earn all other trophies in the game.

The 2nd)

Game: Xmen origins: wolverine uncaged edition (M-rated version)

Date earned: 9/22/2009

The story: Xmen wolverine is one of those rare examples of a movie-based game actually being better than the movie. Most of the trophies were easy enough to earn. I had 60 plus percent after one playthrough. But, a few of the trophies actually took some effort to obtain. And beating the final boss in hard mode was...well really hard. But, after I managed to defeat "Deadpool" in hard mode (by lunging and pouncing on him repeatedly), I got the platinum.

The 3rd)

Game: Burnout Paradise

Date earned: 1/17/2010

The story:

Burnout paradise is my favorite racing game of this gen. But it was one of those games that took some major time to platinum. Some trophies were easy, but some weren't. And after I had beaten the single player (I.E earned my Burnout license) game and earned those trophies, I had to go online to get the online trophies that I missed or had avoided trying for. Of the online trophies that I did eventually get, I'd say that the smugshot trophy (in which I had to buy a $40 eyetoy in order to get) was the easiest and the 7 other players to met in the wildcat baseball stadium was the hardest. Just because it was hard for to get other players online to realize that a group of us were starting a freeburn challenge from there in order to get the trophy. However, after getting my 10th freeburn challenge, I earned the platinum. It was one of the rare times that I had to rely on getting online trophies in order to get the platinum. That will probably not happen again. Since, I find it easier to platinum single player-only games.

Oh, of special note is the DLC trophies. None of which are required for platinuming the game, but are there to add to one's overall trophy count.

The fourth)

The game: Ratchet and clank:ACIT

Date earned: 1/25/2010

The story:

Of course, I'm a major R&C fan so I just had to platinum this one. I had beaten the game originally in December. That's when I got most of the story mode trophies and other trophies. But, I had about 5 extra trophies to get, if I wanted to platinum. The first two were tough. Because in order to get all the gold bolts in the game, I had to beat the 3 time puzzle challenges. And those were not easy. After that I had the "My blaster runs hot" trophy. It's basically a mini-game in the battleplex that I had to score 10k points in. The problem is that it was hard and it took me 3 days to get. That has to be the hardest bronze trophy that I ever had to earn. After that it was kind of easy. Normal mode wasn't that hard, challenge mode (which I always did in the older R&C games), was fairly simple, and hard mode actually wasn't that hard. I expected the bosses to be harder to take down in hard mode and they really weren't. As usual, I left the hard mode trophy for last. Thus when I earned that, I finally got the platinum.

Of special note is that this is the only Ratchet game that even has trophy support. I'm kind of bummed by this, because as I said I'm a fan and have beaten the other games so many times. Well, let's hope Insomniac re-does the PS2 Ratchet games and ports them over with trophy support (like the God of war collection) and eventually adds support to TOD and QFB.

The fifth)

Game: Uncharted: Drake's fortune

Date earned: 2/3/2010

The story:

This is one of those games that I beat once, but had to go back to get the trophies that I missed the first time. I had to replay the game in Normal mode to get all the extra combat and treasure trophies. With the treasures, I had printed out a guide in order to find them (I did the same for my first playthrough of Uncharted 2). After the normal mode trophy, I only had hard and crushing mode to playthrough. Hard mode was, well hard. The enemies weren't nearly as easy to take down and so it took me longer to get through. Crushing mode was tough. But not because of the enemy toughness, but because the enemies would rush you as you stayed in cover. So, I had to deal with a area full of enemies and had to be aware that they will come at me at some point, if I stayed in one spot for too long. But, getting through these two modes was still not that bad. Because I had beat the game twice before. So, because I survived the two toughest modes, I got the platinum.

The sixth)

The game: God of war collection-God of war 2

Date earned: 2/10/2010

The story:

I know, it's kind of funny to earn the platinum in a sequel, without doing it in the 1st game. But, I got most of the trophies in story mode (which wasn't that hard since I had beaten the game on the PS2) and all I had to do was replay GOW 2 again, in order to get the Eye sore trophy (collect 20 cyclops eyes) and challenge of the titans trophy. The first one was impossible during the game, so I had to repeat challenge one in Challenge of the titans over and over until I got the 20 cyclops eyes. The trick was to save and go back to the challenge main menu in order to restart. The Challenge of the titans trophy was my last one that I needed for the platinum. I had gotten to challenge 7, but was stuck on that for awhile. That was until I figured out that you had to go after the rock minator first using the fully upgraded barbarian hammer and chrono's rage. After I took him out, the rest of the enemies were easy. After I did that.....BAM! Platinum #6.

The seventh)

Game: Eat lead: ROMH

Date earned: 2/26/2010

The story:

Actually, I'm not one of these gamers that tends to get easy games, just to earn an easy platinum. Some are, but I generally don't (Terminator salvation excluded of course). And really, I only bought Eat lead because it was cheap (I found it for $20), not just because it was easy. Still, most of the trophies were easy and I had 70% of them in my first playthough (medium mode). I went back to get some of the extra trophies in easy mode before trying the hard mode. Hard mode was just frustrating more than anything else. Because I had to deal with waves and waves of the same ememies over and over in order to progress through the game. Well anyway, I did get the hard mode trophy and thus finally earned the platinum.

The eighth)

Game: God of war collection-God of war

Date earned: 3/12/2010

The story:

I had actually put this one off for awhile. I had gotten most of the trophies in the first playthough, again it helped that I had beaten the game a few times before on PS2. I did have to go back and get the maxed out trophy (max out all weapons and magic) in a seperate playthrough. But,a friend from F-list told be to just spam the Ares boss battle (the 1st quicktime sequence) to pick up whatever extra orbs I needed in order to upgrade. So, I got that after my 2nd playthough. But, it took me a 3rd playthrough in order to get the last one. Because of the "Speed of Jason Mcdonald" trophy-beat the game in under 5 hours. I hate trophies based on getting a certian time and I had never beaten God of war in less than 6 hours. So, I knew this one was going to be tough. How I did it, took some strategy. First, I didn't upgrade anything like I did before. Finding the extra gorgon eyes and Phoenix feathers were going to take time. So, my health and magic bar wasn't as filled up as they usually are. Second, I avoided all unnecessary fights. The one's that you had to do were the fights that had a gate close behind you as you entered an area. In the places in the game that didn't do that, I avoided all uneccessary fights. Third, I pause the game using select, not start. This stopped the timer and also allowed me to look at the puzzle guide that I had printed out so that I could get past the puzzles quicker. Finally, whenever I got stuck and was repeating the same area over and over, I would quit the game and go back to my last save. This allowed be to save time and not have mistakes count against me. So, because I did all this, I did complete the game in 4hrs 16 min. I know of people that did it faster, but at least I did it under the time limit. So, after I earned the speed of Jason Mac trophy, I finally got the God of war platinum.

The nineth)

Game: Dante's inferno

Date: 4/20/2010

The story:

This God of war clone was fairly easy to platinum. Though, it did take some time. What made this game easier to get a platinum in was the fact that there wasn't a hard mode trophy and the fact that when you beat the game the first time (which, I easily did), you unlock "Remption mode" where all of your upgrades transfered over to a new game. Now, after my first playthrough I had 70% of the trophies. I had all the relic, silver coins, and shades, because I had printed out a guid that told me where to find them. I had a character level of 5 (out of 7). So, all I had to do was replay again and slowly upgrade my character. It took a little over one more full playthrough, but I finally did that. Finally, I just had the 'Gates of the inferno" arena trophy to get. And with a fully upgraded character, all 50 waves of that were kind of easy. So, after the arena trophy, I earned my 9th platinum. I suppose I was a little bit suprised on how quickly it came. Considering that the game was released only a month prior. So, that makes this my fastest Platinum that I ever earned.

The tenth) Game: Dead space

Date earned: 5/1/2010

The story:

I had beaten the game initially awhile ago. But, left out 10 trophies. I did one full playthrough and earned 8 of the last 10 that were left. I did one full playthrough for the maxed out trophy. And I did one fill playthrough for the hardest mode trophy. It took 3 straight playthroughs, but I finally did it. I got my 10th platinum. Of course since I had to play through it 3 straight times, the unfortunate side affect was that I was really sick of playing Dead space by the end. So, it maybe awhile until I put in the 360 version.

The eleventh)

Game: Uncharted 2

Date: 5/13/2010

The story: I had gotten all the trophies except hard and crushing mode. I completed hard mode in about 3 days. Since I have beaten the game before, playing through wasn't that difficult. Crushing mode was tough though. Because, I died quicker and the final boss was much harder. But, I found an alternative way to beat him and was able to finally get the crushing mode trophy. The result of which was my 11th platinum.

The 12th)

Game: Prince of persia: forgotten sands

Date: 10/4/10

The story:

I had sampled POP:FS back in July and had recently gotten off a FPS gaming kick that I was on. So, I was in the mood to play a 3rd person action game. I got most of the trophies rather easily. I struggled a little bit with "Acrobat", but ended up completing that in the Baths. "Sand nemesis" was also tough, but I did that after getting the upgraded sword and entering the palace with 3 spawn enemies on top and taking out each of the mini brutes one by one (after killing the crowd that came before it). I got the completionist trophy by spending uplay points on a new challange arena and an experiance point boost. After finally beating the game (and retrying it for the invincible trophy), I beat the 8 wave tides challange. Finally, I had to replay the whole game one more time in order to find and smash all 21 sargophgi. THAT got me the platinum. Overall, I found the game easier, just because there wasn't any hard mode trophies and because the rest of the trophies were doable.

The 13th)

Game: Borderlands

Date: 11/16/2010

Story:

Wow, the Borderlands platinum took awhile to earn. Because it's a big game that take a long time to beat. I had all of the story mode trophies after playthrough one. I was also at character level 36, after I beat the final boss. I had also gotten all the secret trophies, fence trophy, and pandora dog millionare trophy as well.

Now, it took me three seperate playthroughs to get all 3 remaining action skill trophies. That's because in order to do them, I had to pick each of the other characters and level them up to level 5. Then I had to use the action skill enough to get the trophy. The hardest part of the game was co-op. I was able to plug in a second controller for a few of the co-op trophies. But, I still needed to find someone to play with me to get the last reamining 3. That toook time, but it finally happened. After that it was just a matter of leveling up to 50 in order to get the platinum. This one took me awhile, but it was definatly worth it.

The 14th)

Game: Sly collection: Sly 1

Date: 1/12/11

Story: I just had to use a Clue bottle guide in order to find all the clue bottles in each level and use the, to open every vault. By doing this I got every move and all the upgrades and blueprints. The story mode trophies game easy as well as getting 99 coins and beating the bosses again. Although, Clockwerk's level was still a pain. I got the final trophy after beating clockwerk and going back to the 4th level to open the final vault (which even if you find all the clue bottles, you can't do until clockwerk is defeated). That was my last trophy of the game and thus after that I earned my 14th platinum. Sly 2 is next.

The 15th)

Game: Sly collection:Sly 2

Date: 1/19/11

Story: After getting the loot trophy( collect 1500 coins) and all clue bottles in the first level, all I had to do was get enough coins in each level tp purchase all the moves on theifnet. The rest were story mode trophies. And after completing everything, I earned my 15th platinum. On a side note, I also 100 % completed all the Sly minigames. So, the last game in the Sly collection that I need to platinum will be Sly 3. That's next.

The 16th)

Game: Sly collection:smileyfrustrated:ly 3

Date: 3/3/2011

Story: After playing through all 3 Sly games at once on the Sly collection, I found that I needed to go back and play the Master thief challenges in order to get 100% of the game done. These were extra challenges and Tresure hunts within each episode that I had missed when I initially played the series on the PS2. Unfortunatly, I was only at 40% when I beat the story (though I had beat the training room), so I had to work hard to do these extra challenges and push my game percentage higher. It took a lot of time. Some challenges were easy and some weren't. Replaying each of the remaining challenges took 3 days. But, I finally did it and thus earned my 16th platinum.

The 17th)

Date: 3/24/2011

Game: Infamous

Story:

My first playthough of Infamous was on easy mode. I got most of the story mode trophies, some weapon/move trophies,  and  the Good side choice trophies. My second playthrough was on medium diffculty (good side again) and I cleaned up on the weapon and power trophies. The 3rd playthrough was for the Evil choice trophies, but I did manage to get all 21 stunts (that wasn't easy). I missed all 350 shards though. So, my last playthrough took about 3 weeks, because I had to carefully collect (and keep track) all 350 blast shards. THAT was the toughest part of my last playthrough really. Hard mode really wasn't that hard though. It was only when there was a huge group of enemies attacking that the game got hard. Also, the final boss was tough. But, I finally platinumed the game. I swear though, that Rockhound trophy has to be the hardest bronze trophy ever. Because blast shard hunting was hard.

Games that I maybe able to platinum:

Dead space 2:

I almost have this one. I did complete zealot mode and tried hardcore mode and promptly found it to be very hard. So, maybe platinuming it isn't possible right now.

God of war 3:

I beat this game with 91% of the trophies. Then I replayed it again on easy mode and got the remaining trophies. Then I played and beat the challenge of Olympus. Now all I have left is titan mode. Which is tough, because I'm stuck at the Zeus boss battle. This is probably the closest I am to my 18th platinum.

Bioshock:

All that is left is the survivor mode with no vita chamber trophies.  I sampled survivor mode before and found it to be extremely tough. If I somehow survive survival mode with no vita chamber on, I can get the platinum.

Call of duty classic:

This is one of the PSN games that I'm close to platinuming. Because I earned most of the other trophies in easy mode. Now, I just have to beat the game in normal to veteren modes in order to get the platinum. The only problem with that is that's 3 more playthroughs on the harder difficulties. So, it'll take time AND patience to get through.

Batman:AA:

I beat this game. I managed to get all the story mode trophies and most of the extra ones. I only solved 70% of the riddles though. So, I need to solve all of them. There's also perfect combo (all 9 moves in one combo) and 40 times combo as well as hard mode. So, I can platinum, it just will take some more time so that I can focus on the extra trophies.

Star wars force unleashed:

I had beaten this game awhile ago. But I had left too many extra trophies. I still have all the force mastery trophies to get. I need all the Holocrons, both training mode trophies, and I need to beat the last 3 modes. So getting the platinum is doable, but it'll probably take the most time out of all the games that I have left.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13832 posts

Jul 1, 2011

Brrnout wrote:

Thanks for the list Hawk! It seems you beat me in a bunch of those . How on earth did you finish Sly 1 and then Sly 2 a few days later? Sly 2 took me forever to finish lol. Although I do admit I was playing a lot of other games at the time so perhaps that may have something to do with it. I have still barely even touched 3.

Cheers, Brrnout

Issue #01 .:. Issue #02 .:. Chronicle on Twitter .:.
.:. Brrnout Trophy Card
PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.

Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010

Technically, what I posted was a revision of my platinum story thread that I did awhile ago on the MVP general board. But, I thought it was relevant so I posted it again. What I wrote may also help people that are trying to platinum the games I have.

And hey, 39 platinum's is a lot. I may have platinumed games that you haven't, but you still beat me in overall total. I think the only one on my friends list that has more platinum's is Eagles1990. He has 27 platinums.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13832 posts

Jul 1, 2011

GrayGargoyle wrote:

I've only a single Platinum myself (while attempting to work on a second for Infamous), but for Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition it took me one month from the time of the first trophy being delivered to the time of the Platinum (April 6th-May 6th). Here is the time stamp marked on the Platinum:

May 6, 2011

10:30:05 PM EDT

Yeah, that took me a month too. It took awhile to level up to 50. I used the DLC to do it and by the time I finished all the missions in New haven, I got the 50th level and the platinum. I remember I was borderlands crazy when I finally got that platinum, because I was also playing the 360 version at the same time. LOL!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 72 (216 Views)
0 Likes