Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 14 2013
By: milleja First Son 28 posts

Is 16gb enough?

12 replies 2915 views Edited Apr 14, 2013
Hi I just recently got a card from my dad for my new vita and was wondering will it be enough? I plan on downloading a few games and playing a few I have bought. Some of the games I plan on getting are ff series, Zenonia, escape plan, and the original Lego batman. With those in mind and probably a few others, will a 16gb be enough or should I return it and get a 32gb?
Message 1 of 13 (2,915 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Re: Is 16gb enough?

Apr 14, 2013

Yes it is. However I would  backup the saves on a PC. Do you watch movies on the Vita?

Message 2 of 13 (2,913 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Well no, and i don't plan on it. But I have at least a list of 10 games i know i would want(while two are a series aka final fantasy and kingdom hearts(if it ever gets a vita remake)) and kinda questioned the capacity
Message 3 of 13 (2,906 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Apr 14, 2013

The Final Fantasy games are at least 1 Gig a piece. so that leaves 12 Gigs  for the other 8 games. Most add-ons are  less than 500 megs. so you should be fine.

Message 4 of 13 (2,904 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15476 posts

Apr 14, 2013

It depends on which games the "few others" are.  The ones that you listed will fit on a 16GB memory card with room to spare, but Vita games can require as much as 4GB of storage each currently; so you could have room for as few as three or four games total; depending on which games you are talking about.  For that matter, it isn't hard to fill up a 32GB memory card with Vita games from the Playstation Store; and that is the largest card available.  It isn't intended that you carry your entire Vita game library around on the memory card.  That is why the Content Manager can be used copy games that you don't plan to play for a while to a Windows or Mac PC, or a PS3 game console. That allows you to make space available on the memory card for the games that you are currently playing. The 16GB memory card is big enough to work with, and is the minimum that you should get if you plan to buy all of your Vita games in the Playstation Store. If you buy games at retail on game cards most of the time, then the 8GB memory card may be enough.

GKP
Message 5 of 13 (2,898 Views)
Splicer
79 posts

Apr 14, 2013

16 is too bad just for some games > 32 good but its not really enouth

Message 6 of 13 (2,877 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Well then, guess now I'll see if i can back it up and delete everything and see if Walmart will take it back and try to purchase the bigger one at gamestop since the sad thing is they are the only ones who carry it in the right size and i guess try to pay the difference even though walmart would be cheaper....

Message 7 of 13 (2,872 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8506 posts

Apr 15, 2013

milleja wrote:

Well then, guess now I'll see if i can back it up and delete everything and see if Walmart will take it back and try to purchase the bigger one at gamestop since the sad thing is they are the only ones who carry it in the right size and i guess try to pay the difference even though walmart would be cheaper....

I had a 4gb that came with the system and only reciently went to a 16gb. What you need to do is go to the webstore and see how big the games are that you want. They should fit on a 16gb. The reason to get a 32gb is if you must have htem all installed at the same time. If you only play a game or two on a routine basis you only need a small stick. I played one game from plus at a time on the 4gb and it worked just fine. I got the 16gb becuase I wanted to play sine mora once a week until I beat the game, but I also wanted to play disgea 3. I have 4 PSP games, 2 PS1 games, disgae, guacamelee, and I still have 11 GB free.

Hope whatever works out for you.

Message 8 of 13 (2,856 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3570 posts

Apr 15, 2013

A 32g stick is worth it, it usually does come out as the best deal per gig, but someplaces have had the 16g way on sale, so ...

At any rate, I had the 4g to start with from the First Edition Bundle. I used it until Christmas 2012 when I got the big card for Christmas. I was able to have Lumines Electronic Symphony and Treasures of Montezuma and some PSP games and some of the free PS Plus smaller games.

When PS+ was going to start for the PS Vita I knew I'd have to delete stuff to do much more. I did hit a point where I had to delete something to put something on that 4g card.

So then with PS+ I have Uncharted Golden Abyss, and I didn't download it until I got my 32g card, since it would pretty much fill up a 4g card.

Let's see, I have all this on my 32 g Card, with 14g free space: Tom Blitz, Lumines, Jepack Joyride, PixelJunkMonstersDeluxe, SIne Mora, Disgaea 3, Mutant Blobs Attack, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, OMG-Zombies, Aqua Kitty, Chronovolt, and Plants vs. Zombies -- plus other apps and some photos.

I use Netflix sometimes, but don't download movies or music at all.

Just wanted to chime in with my info to show what a 32g stick can do. It gives me freedom not to worry about it, but it would be possible to use a lot of what I have on my stick on a 16g. 

If it's downloaded from PSN, it'll always be downloadable again if you need to delete it for some reason. PS+ is awesome for this reason too, since you can Cloud Save your game data. If you don't have that option, then you'll want to backup frequently.

Message 9 of 13 (2,850 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 16, 2013

So is 16gb enough?? for me its a NO. I have 32gb card and its full. however I'm a gamer.. I have (and yes this is only a games not all of them) plants vs zombies; super stardust delta; pure chess; escape plan; persona 3 portable; playstation all-stars; persona 4 golden; ecolibrium and ragnarok tactics. that's only my games. I also used it for videos I have the avengers, the amazing spied-man despicable me (for my kids) and about 4 other movies. and do not forget the music unlimied and netflix. plus what ever photos I have. I use my vita all the time. I got it when i first came out. I love it. Just wish I had a bigger memory. but 32gb is the biggest they make.

Message 10 of 13 (2,834 Views)
0 Likes