Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 23 2012
By: shystie1 Treasure Hunter 5298 posts

PS Vita Freezes every time I try to play a game!

14 replies 2851 views Edited Feb 23, 2012

I picked up today and I've yet been able to play a singal game

PS Vita WI-FI

System Software: 1.61

Games :

• Uncharted Golden Abyss
  • Wipeout 2048
  • Hot Shots Golf World Invitational

The games will load partly and freeze when I going select to play and I then have to hold the power button for 30 seconds to allow me exit and restart the Vita.

All the games are up to date.

I have the Mini game Flying Hampster on it and it runs fine. It's the only game from all of my downloads that would allow me to install it on the vita.

Message 1 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30406 posts

Re: PS Vita Freezes every time I try to play a game!

Feb 23, 2012
Message 2 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5298 posts

Feb 23, 2012
Message 3 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5298 posts

Feb 24, 2012

shystie1 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Check out these threads to see if they're of any help:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2430

http://community.us.playstation.com/community/support/ps_vita_support?view=discussions

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3831

Nothing in you links apply or help me out.

I ended up emailing and then talking to Sony suport rep and tried several things with no luck. Heck even froze up several times trying the stuff the guy told me do. He finally told me to return it to the retailer or they could do it but it would take a couple weeks. I went to Gamestop and got new one and it's working fine.

Message 4 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I've just posted this possible solution in another thread, but just found this one so I'll post it here to in case it helps you.

I had this exact same problem with my Wifi only Vita. After working through several things I finally established that the problem would always occur whenever the Vita was out of range of my home wireless network. Whenever I'm at home it works perfectly, but as soon as I take it to work the freezing happens, and the Vita will not function for more than a minute or so without freezing.

The solution seems to be to turn your Wifi connection OFF whenever you're going to take the Vita somewhere that you won't have a wireless network to connect to. So if you have wifi at home just remember to turn it off before you leave the house with it. Then it'll work fine, and when you get home you just enable wifi again to connect.

If you forget and you're getting the crash somewhere that you can't connect to wifi then you can still just about manage to get into the system settings to disable it before it freezes.

Since doing this I've not had the problem occur once.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2012

I have this exact same problem but with my it's when no wi fi connections are in range, so how am I suppose to know where there is or isn't a hotspot ? I mean it is annoying to keep turning it on/off everytime I arrive/leave home or do I have to keep my hotspot 24/7 online on my android phone ?

Message 6 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Like I said, the issue happens when you have Wifi enabled on the Vita but aren't in range of any wireless connections. I can't really help you with knowing when you are / aren't in range of a hotspot I guess that would be something for you to work out.

You're right it is a bit annoying to have to keep turning Wifi off every time you leave the house but I think that having the Vita freeze any time that you take it out of the house is far *more* annoying, so until a fix comes through I'm happy to do that.

I can't speak for your android phone and it's hotspot / internet sharing capability. Again it's entirely down to you to try it out and see what works.

All I know is that this problem has, for me at least, 100% gone away since I started disabling Wifi whenever I leave my house.

Message 7 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 24, 2012

Well for me it is kinda different because my vita appears to do that when there are absolutely no wireless hotspots near me, so today I actually ran into a place where there was no wireless hotspots. Also I'm thinking to exchange it, but I keep wondering is this the same on every vita ? Will they require to see if the vita is actually faulty, I mean it is faulty but the problem is that there may have hotspots near the store and keep VITA from freezing

Message 8 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Sorry but you are really confusing me. I have said twice that is freeze occurs whenever you're not connected to any wireless network and then twice youe replied saying that it's not the same for you because when it happens on your vita you're not in range of any wireless hotspot.

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't they the same thing? If you're not in range of a wifi hotspot then by default you cannot possibly be connected to a wifi hotspot, therefore you have the problem.

You are also asking all sorts of questions that I really cannot answer. I couldnt possibly tell you what your retailer would want to see as evidence of the fault before replacing it, you are far better advised to actually ask them.

Message 9 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 25, 2012

Well What I mean is that my Vita freezes when there are no wifi signals around me, but if there is a hotspot near me(doesn't need to be connect) there won't be a problem. Also my Vita today frooze while retrieving my location on near

Message 10 of 15 (2,851 Views)
0 Likes