Feb 06 2013
By: RoyalBluntz420 First Son 9 posts

Problem with AR Treasures In Sly Cooper Thieves In Time

11 replies 3754 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

The first time I used this feature it worked perfectly. I go to try it again and it keeps saying Connection to AR server failed. Retry?. I have tried numerous solutions. I have rebooted both my PS3 and PSVita, uploaded my cloud saves from both, and tried turning the AR Server on the PS3 on and off. This is highly frustrating. Please fix as soon as possible. Thank you

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (3,754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Problem with AR Treasures In Sly Cooper Thieves In Time

Feb 7, 2013

^+1 I am having the same issue. Cross-Save works great, but I just tried AR Treasures for the first time 10 minutes ago and it cannot connect to server... I wanna get all the treasures!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (3,732 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Okay, so I'm not the only person having that problem. My Vita keeps doing the same thing. :smileysad:

But I haven't even gotten it to work once yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (3,524 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Feb 8, 2013

OMG! I just figured it out..... we are kinda dumb lol

On your PS3 go to Options > Game > AR Server [ON]

and if your Vita and PS3 are on the same WiFi then it'll work.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (3,499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Nope try again. I've been having this same issue now for 3 days. 

My PS3 AR Server is set to on an the vita still can't connect to the AR server.  They are both on the same network so that's not the issue and any other system on the network is off when i'm attempting to connect to the AR server.

I've reset both systems followed all the instructions to the letter on the digital manuals and have only gotten this to work once.  I've contacted sony twice about it first time i was told it was news to them and they would look into fixing the issue the next time i was told it was overloaded servers and to try back later. 

Now it's over 6 hours worth of trying to get it to work and still nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (3,372 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 10, 2013

This is obviously a BIG issue for anyone who pick up Sly with the intentions of getting a Solid game for the Vita that actually make use of the Cross-Play and AR features between the Vita and PS3. I have read multiple articles now of customers complaining that even though they are following the directions correctly the AR feature for the Vita fails to work every time. Sony has no idea what is going on and blames the network for it, but heres the problem nobody is doing anything to fix the problem. The issue isnt with the network or PSN, it is with the AR server being the console the Vita is trying to conect to. Unfortuantley Sony is concerned  more with the Next Gen console being announced later this month than the products it has on the market now. This is unacceptable to those loyal customers who not only bought a PS3 but a Vita too in hopes that Sony would delivery a seriously powerful product and make use of it. If this is how Sony is going to continue running thier business then the PS4 will most likely be a Flop much like the Vita has. And it pains me to say this but if Sony cant be loyal to their customers and show that they care about the problems we have with the products they make then I may have to buy a XBOX.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (3,237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7655 posts

Feb 10, 2013

This doesn't seem to be an issue that affects everyone.  I can connect to the AR server without much issue.  In fact, my camera doesn't even currently work, and I'm not having a problem connecting my Vita to my PS3 (apparently pointing the camera at the screen is just 'window dressing' for the feature).  Then again, I'm working with a freshly rebuilt database on a freshly restored Vita (both steps failed to resolve my camera issue).

For those having issues, I'd recommend rebuilding the database (Safe Mode: from OFF, hold the PS, R and Power buttons for about 10 seconds, then select 'Rebuild Database' - which does NOT affect the contents on your memory card), and if that fails, delete and redownload the game on your Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (3,216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I tried what you said but it still did not work when will it ever work

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (3,110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I have the same problem too.  I actually have two PlayStation 3 consoles, but they're not really the same model.  The console that I don't have a problem with is the slim model.  The console that I'm having problem with is the older model.  So...  At this point I'm assuming the reason why the AR Treasures server isn't working is the model of your console.  If you have a CECHA thru CECHQ PS3 console, then the connection between your PS-Vita and PS3 will fail.  The only way it might work is to have a newer model console.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (2,743 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 22, 2013

:manwink:

Way to complain, you act like they wont fix it every game has issues man some take longer than others to fix. that being said of course next gen consoles are going to get crazy attention they're right around the corner from release, and this product the vita is going to have more to do with the ps4 than you obviously realize, calling it a flop pfft that didnt stop you from getting one did it?? so if you feel like that hows it feel to buy a flop? look man be patient, or dont either way sony will fix the issue when they get to it!!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (2,435 Views)