Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 02 2013
By: loloisme First Son 2 posts

Purchaced video, and giving me 'Copyright protection is not valid." message. What do?

4 replies 190 views Edited Feb 2, 2013

So, I just bought the Captain America movie for my vita, right from the PS Store.  I just tried to open it and I got an error that said "The copyright protection is not valid.". I was wondering how do I fix this? I'm going on a flight and I'd love to be able to watch this movie during it.  I rebooted it, nothing, same message. What do?:womanhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (190 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13708 posts

Re: Purchaced video, and giving me 'Copyright protection is not valid." message. What do?

Feb 3, 2013

I think that you need to call customer support for this one.  800-345-SONY.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (183 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7813 posts

Re: Purchaced video, and giving me 'Copyright protection is not valid." message. What do?

Feb 3, 2013

Sounds like you may not have videos activated on your Vita.  If you have/had a PSP that has videos activated on it, you'll have to deactivate that first.  You can check your system activations at http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.  Click on Manage Accounts, log in, then click on the Devices tab at the top of the page.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Good call BBurgSteve, that's probably the issue.

For some weird reason, you can have TWO Portable devices activated for games, but you can only have ONE for movies.    This same restriction is active on Playstation 3 content as well.    However, for consoles that purchased content shortly after the April 2011 intrusion, the limit is still 5 on games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13708 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Even so, the Playstation Store app would have tried to activate the Vita when the video was downloaded to it.  If the activation limit had already been reached, then an error message to that effect would have been displayed, and the video would not have been downloaded. You wouldn't have to wait until you played the video in order to find out that the Vita wasn't activated in that case.  That would only be a possible issue if the video was copied to the Vita using the Content Manager, or the memory card was swapped. Playstation Store standard-definition videos can still be used on three activated portable playstation devices.  HD videos are limited to one PS3. Only rented videos are limited to use on a single portable Playstation System.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (150 Views)
0 Likes