Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 05 2012
By: aguilera85 First Son 2 posts

Transfering saves between Vita and PS3 possible? FFVII

13 replies 25387 views Edited Sep 5, 2012

Hi guys. Im kinda new to the whole vita-ps3 interaction. I usually just play my games individually on each system and thats it...

Recently though, i bought FFVII on my vita and downloaded it directly from the PS Store to the vita.

Im wondering though, now that im a couple of hours into the game, will i be able to transfer my save to the ps3 if i ever feel like playing on my tv?

I know i can redownload the game to the ps3 since i purchased it, but is it possible to bring over my save from my vita? If so, can i have a few steps on doing so?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Message 1 of 14 (25,387 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: Transfering saves between Vita and PS3 possible? FFVII

Sep 5, 2012

That should be no problem.

When you conect your Vita to the PS3, start Content Manager on the Vita and pick Vita to PS3. You can then pick out game data and copy it over.

Message 2 of 14 (25,382 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Thanks!!! Will i be able to do the same thing the other way around? Put that ps3 save on the vita after im finished...

Message 3 of 14 (25,378 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15652 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2012

Any PSP, PS1 Classics, or Mini save data that is in the Application Data Management utility in the Settings app, can be copied to the PS3 using the Content Manager.   Just open the Content Manager, select Copy Content PS Vita -> PC, Applications, and Playstation under the Saved Data category.  Then just select the save data that you want to copy, and tap the Copy button.  The save data may be copied via the PS Vita System Application Utility on the PS3 to any of the virtual PS1 memory cards on the PS3, where it can be accessed by the same game running on the PS3.   You can also do the reverse.  Copy save data from virtual PS1 memory cards via the PS Vita System Application Utility, to the virtual memory cards on the Vita. You can also use the Content Manager to copy save data between the Vita and the PSP / Mini Save Data Utility on the PS3.

GKP
Message 4 of 14 (25,375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 23, 2013

can you do this wirelessly?? 

Message 5 of 14 (23,399 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15652 posts

Jan 23, 2013

No.  The Content Manager only supports wireless connectivity with PCs, and PSN online storage, at this time.  

GKP
Message 6 of 14 (23,395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

So, is there a way that I can move my FF Tactics save that was originally created on my PS3 and uploaded to Online Storage to my PS Vita via Content Manager while I'm away from the PS3?

On my Vita, I go into Content Manager, select Online Storage, and from there it wont let me see any saved games, even though Final Fantasy Tactics is available for PS3 and Vita (and I have the full game on both)

Message 7 of 14 (22,770 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
4692 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Burtoc wrote:

So, is there a way that I can move my FF Tactics save that was originally created on my PS3 and uploaded to Online Storage to my PS Vita via Content Manager while I'm away from the PS3?

On my Vita, I go into Content Manager, select Online Storage, and from there it wont let me see any saved games, even though Final Fantasy Tactics is available for PS3 and Vita (and I have the full game on both)

PS1 classics saves can't be backed up to the cloud.

Message 8 of 14 (22,728 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Correct.   Only PSVita games are backed up to the cloud.

If you want multiple backups, copy the save file to the PS3, a PSP, or use a flash drive/external hard drive/SD card/MS Pro Duo stick.

You MUST have the save data files in a specific folder on the main flash drive root directory.

Like F:/SAVEDATA   F:/MUSIC   F:/PICTURE  etc

Best to copy a save directly to a flash drive so you have an idea what to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 9 of 14 (22,523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I did this to save my save game files.  There is an option to transfer game data, but no option to transfer save game files for ps vita games.  There is the option for older systems like psp, but not for vita.  Is the save game info stored inside the game data?  Thanks!

Message 10 of 14 (22,064 Views)
0 Likes