Mar 23 2013
By: NightWing127 First Son 1 posts

Vita Questions

3 replies 161 views Edited Mar 23, 2013

Hello, I'm new to ps vita

Just a few questions:

May I know what Region is Japan?  Does it belong in R3 region?

My games are R3 Region. and there are some voucher codes along with them.

Can I use 2 accounts like I'm going to log out on my u.s. account & sign in on to my 2nd one? Because there's a game in R1 region which has a cross over feature.  I ask because there are some vouchers involved in R3 games and there's a game i want to use a crossover feature on U.S. version.

Can I change the color of my profile without syncing the trophies?

If I use content manager, what contents does it back up from the ps vita?

If I can't sign in 2 accounts, can I use the content manager to back up all the dlc, and saves of R3 and put them back again?

Which of the 2 restore options will delete my account?:

Restore the PS Vita System or Restore Settings?

Sorry, if I have to many questions. I'm only new.

Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1958 posts

Re: Vita Questions

Mar 23, 2013

May I know what Region is Japan?  Does it belong in R3 region?

My games are R3 Region. and there are some voucher codes along with them.

Can I use 2 accounts like I'm going to log out on my u.s. account & sign in on to my 2nd one? Because there's a game in R1 region which has a cross over feature.  I ask because there are some vouchers involved in R3 games and there's a game i want to use a crossover feature on U.S. version.

You can only have one account per memory card. so if you want to use 2 accounts, you need to have two memory cards.  or, you can format the memory card to switch between accounts.  (if you have ps+ cloud saves, maybe this could be useful, but only for 1 region)

Can I change the color of my profile without syncing the trophies?

i dont understand question.

If I use content manager, what contents does it back up from the ps vita?

content manage can back up music, pictures, videos, and game files to pc, ps3, or clud (only game saves i think)

If I can't sign in 2 accounts, can I use the content manager to back up all the dlc, and saves of R3 and put them back again?

i dont know

Which of the 2 restore options will delete my account?:

Restore the PS Vita System or Restore Settings?

restore vita will delete anything downloaded, formatting as its called, but you can format a memory card and just delete saves, and use the memory card for a diff account

Sorry, if I have to many questions. I'm only new.

Message 2 of 4 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
1346 posts

Mar 23, 2013
Hey all, I will be moving this to PlayStation Vita Support from PlayStation General.
Message 3 of 4 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
19663 posts

Mar 24, 2013

The Vita uses the same region codes as PS3 games, which largely mirror DVD codes for most countries.  Region 3 is for Southeast Asia, including South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau; but not Japan, or the People's Republic of China (which banned console games anyway). No Japanese game uses region code 3.  Voucher codes are only valid in the Playstation Stores within the region that the game package was intended to be sold in, and not necessarily even all of those.  As with the PS3, add-ons usually only work with the matching regional version of the game, so codes that came with an Asia version of the game won't be accepted by a US PSN account, and the downloaded content will be ignored by US versions of the game.

A Vita is configured during initial setup to use a specific PSN account.  You can use a different account on the Vita, but only by restoring the Vita to factory state, and then repeating the initial setup again with a different account.

Your PSN profile attributes only reflect what the PSN servers know about, so to the extend that trophies affect the appearance of your profile, you would need to synchronize the Trophy app to change that.

The Content Manager will back up all games (including save data), add-ons, and media stored on the memory card.  The System software, and system settings are not backed up.  Trophies are not backed up. You need to synchronize those with PSN. You can switch the Vita between PSN accounts by backing up the Vita with the Content Manager, and then restoring the Vita to factory state.  You can restore the backup to the Vita later, as long as the PSN account that it is configured to use is the same PSN account that was being used when the backup was made.

The Restore the PS Vita System command will delete everything, including the PSN account configuration.  The Restore Settings command does not clear the PSN account configured in the System software.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (109 Views)
0 Likes