Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 03 2013
By: SgtStrike First Son 3 posts

Vita Wont Charge

3 replies 70 views Edited May 3, 2013

now i know people are going to say did you look this up and yes i did my vita flashes the orange light so i looke what that meant i did what it told me to do and i left it pluged in to charge are 6 i got home around 12 still flahing orange could there be something wrong with my system  or what

Message 1 of 4 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3561 posts

Re: Vita Wont Charge

May 3, 2013

Your power cord might be bad. I had to change mine out once. I now have two full sets. The cords are cheap now. If you can find the deals. 

The point here is that it could be ... 

Change the spot you are trying to charge from. Plug in the PS Vita cord to the wall, then to the PS Vita. Try different locations.

The data/charge cable and the power supply are separate pieces. Make sure they are fitted together snuggly. Also, the power supply might have gone bad. The data/charge cord may have gone bad.

For me, my power supply quit working. I figured it out from the fact that my son also had a PS Vita and I could try both my pieces with his to see what was happening. My data cable worked, my power supply didn't. Got a new power supply at BB and I was back in business.

My cord was plugged in behind something, so that might have caused it, pressed it, hard to explain, just not a great spot to plug it in. I moved my spot to somewhere else after that.

Message 2 of 4 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 3, 2013

i tried pluging it in a differnt spot and over night it did not charge at all 

Message 3 of 4 (56 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3561 posts

May 3, 2013

Do you know anyone else that owns a working ps vita + working charge cord? If so, that would be really great to test it. 

How long have you had the PS Vita, btw. New or Used? 

Is the data/charge cable kinked or bent?

Is the power supply cord kinked or bent anywhere? the plug into the wall, bent near the end can be the cause of no charging, as it was for mine (I think that's what happened.)

You can get a replacement of each piece separately. Different places have them priced $14.99 per piece or WAY LESS! I know Best Buy has/had them discounted to under $11 each.

Message 4 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes