Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 11 2013
By: Howell_100 First Son 1 posts

Vita support

[ Edited ]
5 replies 95 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

here's the deal Sony, you'd think that after having the PSP around since '04 you'd have figured out a little game/platform promotion would be happening for the sequel. As most companies who try to make money do, I'd have assumed you'd learn from all the mistakes made with the PSP/PS3 launches yet the Vita is NOT revieving as much support as the Gameboy Advance, by that I mean current support. I understand it takes time for quality games to be made, but pretending the system doesn't exist is extremely noticeable. 

I for one do not want your company to destroy it's greatest protable system of anything yet, so wake the F up and accept the fact that you're doing jack **bleep** to support your CURRENT hand-held system. Regardless if your companies resources are being taken up by the PS4, having seen this same mistake between the PSP/PS3, I would have assumed your company would've figured this out already.

If the Vita continues down this path of being alienated from it's own company, I will drop support for Playstation as quickly and as permantenly as I did with the crappy Microsoft products. A good way to slow this down, would to be to cool the over-drive opinion fans of the IGN crowd. There have been over 10 articles on just how crappy the Vita's support has been. Whether or not its valid, it needs to stop.

I've spent a crap ton of mony to playstation and I'd like to feel just a little of that love back!

-Nic

example: http://www.1up.com/news/sly-cooper-thieves-in-time-quiet-launch

Message 1 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Re: Vita support

Feb 11, 2013
I don't believe Sony monitors these forums man, your whining is falling on deaf ears...
A know-it-all Sony Fanboy from way back, I live, breathe, and speak Playstation.

Message 2 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15448 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Yes.  Everyone and his brother that calls themselves a game journalist has written something about the lack of support for the Vita, despite the fact that none of them are in a position to know what Sony is doing to support the Vita, and have no useful suggestions for what do instead.  It's tired. And it's useless.  A waste of everyone's time, including the people writing it.

One year into the life of the Vita, Sony has released 16 first-party native games on the Vita (including several new IPs). Perhaps you would demonstrate your expertise on this topic by telling us which other console manufacturer in the last 20 years published more than 16 games for a new console in the first year?  Still thinking?  Give up.  There aren't any.  The fact is that no console ever released in the history of this industry had more games available in its first six months than the Vita did, and Sony was directly responsible for a large percentage of them.  

If there aren't enough games for the Vita, that isn't Sony's fault.  No console manufacturer ever provided more first party support for their console this soon, and practically every review of the Vita acknowledges that it is the most technically impressive portable console ever. Sony did everything reasonably possible with the hardware, and the first-party games.  More are coming later this year.  Third-party support has been slow in coming, but that is nothing that a few hundred thousand more Vita sales wouldn't fix. Sony has provided plenty of PSN support, including Playstation Plus with online storage and the Instant Game Collection; both unique among handheld consoles. The Vita is a way better console at this point in its lifetime than the PSP was, and at least as good as the PS3.  The PSP had so few good games the first year that PSP owners were actually buying movies on UMD more often then they were buying games on UMD.

About the only thing that Sony hasn't done to move Vitas is to significantly drop the price, and it isn't clear that would help much.  Few people are complaining that the Vita is over-priced.  The main reason for not buying the Vita is that there aren't enough compelling exclusive games available for it. Cutting the price won't solve that problem, and people won't be that much more likely to spend $180 on a console that they don't think they will use much, than they would be to spend $250 on a console that they don't think that they will use much.  Cutting the price of the 3DS made sense, because at the time Nintendo didn't have any games to show that took advantage of the 3DS's power, or played much differently than DS games.  Nintendo was concerned that third-parties might abandon the 3DS before such games were released, if sales didn't meet expectations. Sony doesn't have the same problem.  Even the early Vita games were clearly in a different class than PSP games, at least in some cases.  

Do you have any suggestions for what Sony should do, that don't involve throwing away millions of dollars on something that could easily not make a difference?  If so, then let's hear them.  A few Sony employees do read these forums. Not every post necessarily, but some of them.

GKP
Message 3 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I agree completely. I also think you need to work on getting through Golden Abyss GKP, you only have a few trophies!
A know-it-all Sony Fanboy from way back, I live, breathe, and speak Playstation.

Message 4 of 6 (68 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15448 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I finished the game.  Most of the trophies are for collecting artifacts. I didn't bother with those. 

GKP
Message 5 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I am doomed to be a completionist, even before the creation of achievements I was doing it :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)
0 Likes