Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 09 2013
By: injuredhope9 First Son 3 posts

vita issues please help

4 replies 89 views Edited Feb 9, 2013

i recently bought my vita from a gamestop it was used but for the first two months ive had no issues. in december its started having issues with touch screen/d pad and button controls being nonresponsive when i play psp compatable games and ps vita games. i no longer have my reciept so sony wont touch it. ive tried the hard reset ive tried restoring the vita reformatting the memory card ect.  if anyone could tell me what might be wrong with the device  and how i might be able to fix it that would be vrey much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13966 posts

Re: vita issues please help

Feb 10, 2013

It wouldn't matter if you did have the receipt.  The whole reason Sony requires the receipt is to ensure that you purchased the console new, and not used.  Sony does not provide any warranty for consoles purchased used.  A receipt from GameStop for a used Vita would have just established that you are not entitled to warranty service anyway.  If you used the Restore the PS Vita System command, and it made no difference, then it is almost certainly a hardware problem. It isn't likely that you could fix that problem yourself.  Sending it in to Sony, and paying the repair fee, may be your best option.  

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (81 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 10, 2013

any idea how much the repair fee might be? i figured that might be my only option but was hoping there might be some other fix i havent tried. im just wondering if i should go the repair fee route or just save my money and get a new one when i can.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (76 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13966 posts

Feb 11, 2013

You won't know the exact repair fee until Sony examines the console, but most problems are resolved for around $100.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (55 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 11, 2013

thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (52 Views)
0 Likes