Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Re: Banned from the TPRA

Apr 14, 2011

strathound wrote:

redrkt wrote:

First off, this is something that you need to talk to Moose about, NOT air your personal problems with the group in public.

Original username: Redrkt Original reg date: 12/30/03

I am not airing any grievances. I have no ill will towards Moose or the TPRA. I have always hoped for them to be successful and I continue to do so. Prior to being banned, I would have loved to discuss the issue with Moose. At this point however, I have posted this thread in an attempt to find a new place to race that better fits my personality and where I'm less banned.

Thanks,

Michael

LOL.

Agreed. I didn't feel you were airing grievances.

Photobucket
Message 11 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 14, 2011

PsychoPhreak wrote:

If it's offensive by all means you may contact me, or a Mod can absolutely remove it, but until then I think I still have freedom of speech and the right to my own opinion

Not *trying* to get banned here, just think this whole discussion is a little, well, ********.

LOL. Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm hoping you don't get banned either. Ban != fun.  

That said, I would like to thank everyone that's contacted me off list with their words of support. I look forward to racing with you guys in the very near future.

Onward and upward.

MS

Message 12 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Apr 14, 2011

If it's offensive by all means you may contact me, or a Mod can absolutely remove it, but until then I think I still have freedom of speech and the right to my own opinion

Not *trying* to get banned here, just think this whole discussion is a little, well, retarded.

EDIT: as a man of my word, I received a PM with concerns so image will be removed, cheers.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Message 13 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Apr 14, 2011

No not offensive to me at all... Just viewing it from a MODS pov.

I believe in freedom off speech no worries there...

Message 14 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Strat, I do not think you are heading in the right direction here...  Research will reveal...  There are other groups out their, LR, STVM, RIP, shamely mentioning GT Elite.  All of these groups at least follow proper driving etiquette.  So if you'd like to make it through turn 1/lap 1, reassess the deathstar.....

Message 15 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12260 posts

Apr 14, 2011

I'm sure you could have started looking for other groups without mentioning the TPRA.

As with any story, there are two sides to it

strathound wrote:

Well it's official, add me to the list of folks that have been banned by the TPRA.

A list that consists of three people.

Earlier, I started a petition on the forum.

I don't know of any forum that allows petitions at all, especially ones against the organizer's decisions.

strathound wrote:

My intent was to convince the site organizers to lighten up about Unsanctioned Events, an area where in the past, members could suggest and run their own racing events. It was a fun way to take a break from the strict regulations that surround the Sanctioned Races. Think of it like the TPRA Beer League. Apparently someone had complained that these races lacked sufficient rules or that they were competing with other races. I thought they were great and wanted to see more of them. And apparantly, I wasn't alone. A lot of the Sanctioned races were really starting to bore me. So I was hoping that the organizers would allow those of us that didn't want to participate in the official races to have a place where we could just have fun.

We had attempted to alllow members to run their events on their own, and it immediately became a nightmare for the moderators as people kept posting confusing events that lacked basic information, and which overlapped events posted by others, resulting in some very angry exchanges. There were other issues, and we felt that a template and structure would help alleviate those concerns and prevent confrontations. We were working on a system where members would create their events using a template we provided, and the members would vote on the events they would like to see fill the time slots when our sanctioned events weren't running. It will give members a chance to run casual events in cars of their choosing, while maintaining a reasonable structure to ensure a level playing field and assuring the right information is provided. It wasn't that complicated, and it would have just required a little more patience on your part to see how it would have filled the need you were looking to satisfy.

I'm sorry it came to this and it was not my decision. However, I too was not happy with having someone trying to undermine the administration of our league by petitioning our own members against us.

So, if you take strathound in to your league, beware his likely tactics when he gets 'bored' with what you're doing. Not that I'm airing greivances or have any ill will towards strathoud. He's a nice guy and good driver. I wish him the best.

DriverSports.org
Message 16 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Apr 14, 2011

F it, lets throw some gloves down and get it on!!!  Also, is there a second off to follow that first off?

J/K, I didn't take it as airing of grievances or anything like that, just some freedom of expression...  But hey, it's the internet, so lets have a war, FLAME ON!

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Message 17 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Rated-M3 wrote:

Strat, I do not think you are heading in the right direction here...  Research will reveal...  There are other groups out their, LR, STVM, RIP, shamely mentioning GT Elite.  All of these groups at least follow proper driving etiquette.  So if you'd like to make it through turn 1/lap 1, reassess the deathstar.....

While I can't tell you what to say or think, I'd like to at least request that we try not to let this discussion go down the path of criticism of various racing leagues. They all have something positive to offer. People should find one that works for them.

Thanks,

MS

Message 18 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 14, 2011

@Forgetful - Thank you very much for stopping by and offering your opinion on this topic. I respect your courage. Good luck. I wish you well.

Michael

Message 19 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Apr 14, 2011

No criticism here.  Just a fair warning before wandering into the darkside. 

Message 20 of 51 (60 Views)
0 Likes