Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Re: Banned from the TPRA

Apr 15, 2011

Have you not seen all the FOGY discussions going on around here?  Haven't started yet, but seems like a great group of guys to run with.  The few I've practiced with have been fun and FAST!  At least one that runs with TPRA as well.    

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Apr 15, 2011
So, if you take strathound in to your league, beware his likely tactics when he gets 'bored' with what you're doing. Not that I'm airing greivances or have any ill will towards strathoud. He's a nice guy and good driver. I wish him the best.

Wow what a kiss on the cheek and slap in the face at the same time, well done sir.

http://www.mygranturismo.net/26145
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 15, 2011

PsychoPhreak wrote:

So, if you take strathound in to your league, beware his likely tactics when he gets 'bored' with what you're doing. Not that I'm airing greivances or have any ill will towards strathoud. He's a nice guy and good driver. I wish him the best.

Wow what a kiss on the cheek and slap in the face at the same time, well done sir.

Yes, he's exceptionally skilled in that area. And yes, beware my tactics. I am a crazed lunatic and I could post a petition at any moment. 

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

May 17, 2011

Well, here's a quick update to this ongoing saga. The drama continues. After a month ban, I went back to the site and lurked for a while. Moose came on here and said I was perma-banned for organizing my own event in the Playstation Community forum and suggesting a TPRA starting grid procedure in the planning thread. I agreed to use a different procedure out of respect for the folks over there. And it appeared initially that I was only given a month ban.

But yesterday, I tested the waters with a post that said "I agree." That was it. In fact, it was just an emoticon, not text was actually entered. And today, when I got to the site with my primary TPRA account, I get this:

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb392/strathound/TPRAForumBanned.png

Amazing.

So I've learned a few things. First of all, the people at the TPRA are fantastic. Unfortunately, the people running the site are control freaks, plain and simple. I got banned for questioning some of the rules and regulations. I always tried to be polite. I tried to be respectful, even when I thought their decisions were just plain stupid. I challenge anyone who disagrees to produce an example of when this wasn't true. Because I can produce examples that support my assertion.

What eventually pissed them off was my persistence. I couldn't let go of the idea that their site was fantastic, except that the stiffling anal retentiveness seemed to permeate everything they did. And I wanted to have an area where more relaxed racing could take place. They didn't want that. I couldn't let go of the idea that it was necessary for the site to grow. A decision was made and the thorn in their britches was removed, as you can clearly see above.

And after all of that, I have this to say ... fine. I've come to the conclusion that I was just simply racing with the wrong people. The TPRA is a place for people to race who want extremely rigid rules and a safely controlled environment. And a lot of folks want this, because it drives off folks who might otherwise cause trouble. As a result, the racing is very clean. And like I said before, the majority of the people there are first class.

But the other side of the coin is that the TPRA may not be for everyone. And it's certainly not for me. I can't handle being around folks that are that anal retentive. It's stressful and boring. So I've found a new home. I'm now racing with the folks over at Supa Tuna GT. They are a fun loving bunch and a lot of fun to hang out with. They have been extremely accomodating. And it appears that I've found some kindred souls, when it comes to racing in GT5.

I wish everyone over at the TPRA the best of luck. I look forward to racing with some of you guys with one of my alt accounts. Otherwise, I'll see many of you in the land of Tuna.

Your friend,

Michael aka TunaPitReject

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Mar 18, 2012

Rated-M3 wrote:

Strat, I do not think you are heading in the right direction here...  Research will reveal...  There are other groups out their, LR, STVM, RIP, shamely mentioning GT Elite.  All of these groups at least follow proper driving etiquette.  So if you'd like to make it through turn 1/lap 1, reassess the deathstar....

Oh, well excuse us for bringing shame to the GT community Rated. Listen, this thread may be old but I just found it as I was browsing and reading that reference was kind of like taking a huge slap in the face. What is so shameful about GT Elite? Anyhow, I was actually looking for reasons to why I see some community vets making other leagues around when I stumbled upon this thread, which seems to be a somewhat karmatic/ironic one. Look, If you really feel shame when mentioning our league to others then you have been terribly misinformed or just maybe got a bad impression. I'm not mad at you, I just think you need to come out and drive with us occassionally so that if you ever do mention us again maybe it won't be preceded by "shamely mentioning". Hahaha.. Here are a few links to GT Elite's shameful practices.

http://www.eliterevolution.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6086995&gid=132204

http://www.eliterevolution.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6154475&gid=132204

http://www.eliterevolution.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6155157&gid=132204

http://www.eliterevolution.com/sections/gtelite

To be honest, I don't feel ashamed at all. I'm actually happy because we provide a great refuge to all kinds of drivers. I also feel happy because we look damn good while doing it. Gran Tursimo Elite launched when GT5 launched and since then we have strived to do nothing but good for GT enthusiasts so please keep any belittling comments to yourself, even if you think they are favors. Being lined up against those other 3 leagues (2 inactive) and then only to be painted as the shameful one isn't even close to accurate. We house a very solid crew with incredible talent and we are very well-versed in respectful etiquette execution on track. To add to that, I'm sure you'll find an apology behind any bumps or bruises you might get from any GT Elite drivers if the situation presents itself.

You know.. normally we stay to ourselves, and I don't like these types of threads because it can create some unwanted attention for league organizers, but it's time to try and end this dark cloud that has meandered it's way over the GT community. There is not just one or two leagues out there followed by a bunch of shameful ones, and nor should anyone ever imply such about a league they don't actively participate in. There are ALOT of great leagues, drivers, and racing to be had out there and each driver should personally go out to meet these league organizers and crews before taking what anyone else says or how anyone else feels about those leagues for facts or truth. Edhellonde taught me that. Please don't introduce Gran Turismo Elite as the shameful GT5 league to others, because we are anything but.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 18, 2012

Wow, this thread is still alive? To your point Rockstar, I've found lots of really nice people to race with since this happened. Lots of good eggs out there. Thanks for bringing back good memories.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
695 posts

Mar 21, 2012

Well I'm glad you found some good drivers to run with man, there are alot of good groups out there. Anyways, just to poke a little fun or whatnot... how funny do you think it is that someone connected to the TPRA had this thread moved into this empty forum where no one from the GT community would see it? Hahahah.. it's no wonder I found it so late, and even accidentally. I wasn't even looking for it! I laughed for about 30 minutes once I figured out what was going on here and why the thread was hidden. Looks like easily recognizable damage control to me. It's always good to see the truth of the matter overtime. Well.. have a good one man and enjoy your racing!

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 51 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Well, they may have moved it, but searching on Google for "Banned by the TPRA" brings you right back here. If they have pull with Google, I'll be very impressed.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 51 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8267 posts

Apr 16, 2013

PsychoPhreak wrote:

Have you not seen all the FOGY discussions going on around here?  Haven't started yet, but seems like a great group of guys to run with.  The few I've practiced with have been fun and FAST!  At least one that runs with TPRA as well.    

Ahhh that brings up memories.... 

Did anyone ever here from Chazz1x? He was the one who started this whole FOGY event.

It did grow out his hands but he did create it... Sad to see it never left the ground.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 51 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Anyone is welcome to visit the Tunaverse.  We are totally non-denominational.

Like the Swiss; we love chocolate, watches, and banking. 

We only have four rulez (five if you choose to become a Tuna).

1)  Race fast

2)  Race hard

3)  Race clean

4)  Have fun!!!

That's not to say we don't have contact sometimes; but if you gain a position thru something ungentlemenly, we expect you to wait for the guy you KO'd and give him his place back.  Saying you're sorry is nice too...

Charlie runs an OPEN LOBBY at midnight ET every Friday until the wee hours of Saturday.  Like our old Drive-In evnet, it usually has a movie theme.  On Sundays, Charlie is running another OPEN LOBBY with an untuned car and a single track.  It's called DWTT (Dancing with the Tuna) and it has a rythmic focus. 

Everyone is welcome!!!   But if you show up and can't race clean and respectful; do yourself a favor and boot yourself - it will save me the time...  

>-)))>

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 51 (59 Views)
0 Likes