Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 27 2013
By: GOODYEAR55 First Son 11 posts

Drag Racing can come in Gran Turismo?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 175 views Edited Apr 27, 2013

I love the Drag Racing and I would (if it's possible) the dragsters in Gran Turismo. (with also the drag tracks)

untitled.png

Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17122 posts

Re: Drag Racing can come in Gran Turismo?

Apr 30, 2013

GOODYEAR55 wrote:

I love the Drag Racing and I would (if it's possible) the dragsters in Gran Turismo. (with also the drag tracks)

untitled.png

As far as the drag tracks go, keep it open to all makes and models too.

If they wanted to implement drag racing into GT6, they wouldn't want to forget funny cars, Promods built for the dragstrip, classic american hot rods(which are iconic american classics too), custom built motorcycles too that are built for the dragstrip.

With the drag strips too, you wouldn't want to forget the unforgettable sound of those huge motors on the side.

With the game itself, I still don't know why Polyphony digital has not introduced the american iconic 1950's cars yet.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 2 of 4 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24922 posts

Apr 30, 2013

hwhunt13 wrote

With the game itself, I still don't know why Polyphony digital has not introduced the american iconic 1950's cars yet.

Because the Japanese don't particularly like American cars. Those 1950's cars weren't all that great. Big, heavy, built on truck frames, the turning radius of an ocean liner. There's nothing really that great about them. The original Corvette wasn't bad, but you're hard pressed to find anything else that comes close. Compare that to what was being produced in Italy around the same time;

Alfa Giulietta

Were the cars back then actually good? Or was there no competition from the Japanese and the Germans? Or was it that everyone in the United States actually tolerated them?

Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17122 posts

Apr 30, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

hwhunt13 wrote

Because the Japanese don't particularly like American cars. Those 1950's cars weren't all that great. Big, heavy, built on truck frames, the turning radius of an ocean liner. There's nothing really that great about them. The original Corvette wasn't bad, but you're hard pressed to find anything else that comes close. Compare that to what was being produced in Italy around the same time;

Alfa Giulietta

Were the cars back then actually good? Or was there no competition from the Japanese and the Germans? Or was it that everyone in the United States actually tolerated them?

The reason why I called them icons is because they really weren't meant to be put on the racing circuit. Such cars like the 1957 Chevy Bel Air, 1957 Ford Thunderbird are icons of the new Interstate system that was implemented in the 1950's. The Old Route 66 is one of the old highways that really gives the message out to the world that we can build safe cars that can travel on highways. The interstates as we know them was actually mapped out in 1955.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Highway_System

This is in case polyphony digital wants to teach the world as to why these cars of the first half of the 20th century were so important.

What the Japanese don't get is that A lot of the older american cars weren't meant to be put on the racing circuit, but on the quarter mile dragstrip. It would explain the larger numbers in horsepower and the understeer. This would likely be your reason as to why the american muscle cars handled like boats on the circuit tracks.

photo 683842d5-5deb-4335-8bcb-5b2166398090_zpsafb7b8da.jpg
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes