Apr 25 2013
By: SharpKilla891 First Son 1 posts

GT 5 2.12 Patch?

3 replies 125 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

Hello I am here to try to get this through to the makers of Gran Turismo 5. Ever since the latest 2.12 patch, in my eyes and I am sure the eyes of many other GT 5 players. The community is now ruined. I understand that the patch was to get rid of hybriding cars. In my eyes we should be able to hybrid cars as long as it is within reason. Since the patch has been released, alot of players have quit playing GT 5. My suggestion is that we can still hybrid cars as long as they are realistic swaps. If you guys cannot fix it for GT 5 please consider it for Gran Turismo 6.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Re: GT 5 2.12 Patch?

Apr 25, 2013

SharpKilla891 wrote:

Hello I am here to try to get this through to the makers of Gran Turismo 5. Ever since the latest 2.12 patch, in my eyes and I am sure the eyes of many other GT 5 players. The community is now ruined. I understand that the patch was to get rid of hybriding cars. In my eyes we should be able to hybrid cars as long as it is within reason. Since the patch has been released, alot of players have quit playing GT 5. My suggestion is that we can still hybrid cars as long as they are realistic swaps. If you guys cannot fix it for GT 5 please consider it for Gran Turismo 6.

Really?  That's strange, since the patch my list has been lighting up with players flocking back to the game.   I'm glad they're banning the modders/hackers, good for PD and the GT community.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 25, 2013

This door does swing both ways. I had an offline profile that I used to remove spoilers, engine swap, slam stance, etc. Never messed with HP modifiers or anything like that. I always performed engine and driveline swaps that could be done in real life and I never played them online. I really did get a kick out of it and I never "cheated the system" or gained anything by use of an unfair advantage. RX-7, Sileighty, 240SX, Evo, STI, and many many other cars look fantastic without any spoiler and this is an option in real life. 66 Beetles with 71 Mustang Mach 1 engine swaps are totally common in real life and an insane amount of fun to take around the tracks I made in the game. I've never used any of the hybrids I made to gain any kind of unfair advantage and personally HATED all the cars that would go 500 mph and all the Radbull X1 Civics. Yeah I didn't like those either. But I met a lot of great people with FANTASTIC looking mods. Honest people that had B18A and H22A swaps in 83 Civics and CRX's. I met plenty of people with V8 Beetles, I saw many great looking hoodless and spoilerless cars floating around. It added something to the game that was never there. Granted all the X1 Civics and 100 000 000 000 000 bajillian HP cars were EFFING annoying...but cool people were punished too. I had an offline profile that isn't associated with a PSN that had all it's cars reverted back to normal...which is quite sad. 

There's nothing wrong with Open Source, Valve does it all the time. PD should also consider it, considering that there were some absolutely breathtaking and amazing LEGITAMATE cars that came out of it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Apr 25, 2013

TheSageStone420 wrote:

This door does swing both ways. I had an offline profile that I used to remove spoilers, engine swap, slam stance, etc. Never messed with HP modifiers or anything like that. I always performed engine and driveline swaps that could be done in real life and I never played them online. I really did get a kick out of it and I never "cheated the system" or gained anything by use of an unfair advantage. RX-7, Sileighty, 240SX, Evo, STI, and many many other cars look fantastic without any spoiler and this is an option in real life. 66 Beetles with 71 Mustang Mach 1 engine swaps are totally common in real life and an insane amount of fun to take around the tracks I made in the game. I've never used any of the hybrids I made to gain any kind of unfair advantage and personally HATED all the cars that would go 500 mph and all the Radbull X1 Civics. Yeah I didn't like those either. But I met a lot of great people with FANTASTIC looking mods. Honest people that had B18A and H22A swaps in 83 Civics and CRX's. I met plenty of people with V8 Beetles, I saw many great looking hoodless and spoilerless cars floating around. It added something to the game that was never there. Granted all the X1 Civics and 100 000 000 000 000 bajillian HP cars were EFFING annoying...but cool people were punished too. I had an offline profile that isn't associated with a PSN that had all it's cars reverted back to normal...which is quite sad. 

There's nothing wrong with Open Source, Valve does it all the time. PD should also consider it, considering that there were some absolutely breathtaking and amazing LEGITAMATE cars that came out of it. 

Doesn't matter that you only changed certain code, it's still modifying game data and that's against the terms of service.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes