Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2012
By: PsuPepperoni Fender Bender 3139 posts

Most Realistic _____?

4 replies 276 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

A lot of racing games have their own ways of being the most realistic.

If you don't mind, I'd like to see which games you think come out on top in a number of categories.

1. Driving Physics

2. Crash Physics

3. Damage

4. Graphics

5. Car Audio

6. Customization

In my opinion:

1. GT5 - I used to think the best was Enthusia, but GT5 seems to very closely match what cars feel like to me in real life.

2. NFS Shift - Unfortuneately, I have been in a couple of violent accidents in real life and NFS Shift duplicates that experience all too well for me.

3. Rigs of Rods - I have never played this game but I have seen it on youtube.  Despite not having the prettiest graphics, the collision effects on the body and frame of the cars is modeled amazingly well.

4. GT5 and Forza 4 are about tied here in my opinion.  Each has things about it that make it look more real in one place, but more fake in another.

5. I have yet to see (or hear) a game whose cars even came close to sounding better than NFS Underground 2.  That was almost a decade ago.  What's the problem?  Even newer NFS games don't sound as real.

6. Personally I'm not sure about this one.  Some of the NFS games have some crazy awsome customization, but I hear Forza has a lot of depth to it too.  Since I've never owned an X-Box, I can't really comment on that.

I'm interested to see what you guys think.  Feel free to add a category if you think I missed one.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3858 posts

Re: Most Realistic _____?

Nov 27, 2012
1) Gran Turismo 5 was the best racing game ever, it achieve the most realistic control that feels like you're actually driving a real car (even you're using a Dualshock).

2) When it comes to crashing, you would think that's Burnout. It's like you're watching a racing movie when you drives fast and suddenly you crashed onto the wall or traffics, then it shows how a car deformed in a slow motion (it was really cool!)

3) GTA IV. Though this game was about more crimes and less race, the car damage is pretty realistic. It shows exactly how a car deformed in any way. One thing I really like was damaging near the wheels, it would prevent wheels from spinning making it look like there's a handbrake.

4) GT5 hands down. I can't explain it because it has the most realistic graphics I'd ever seen since GT4. That could be the reason why I really like realistic games.

5) I guess it's NFS ProStreet. With many options to customize and tuning the performance, it would make different sounds of a car and feels like you're in a real race.

6) I really like the customization of old NFS Games starting in Underground 'till Shift. This could be the reason why we really like customizing our favourite cars in the game. It was followed by Midnight Club which also shares from UG2 and can customize motorcycles which is pretty good.

Filipino Gamer | White PS3 Super Slim | PC Technician
K-ON! Afterschool Live!! Online Jamming Event
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Go and buy Dirt2, that's the most realistic driving game, Dirt3 is good but not as Dirt2, Dirt Showdown is arcade to me nothing realistic and yes, I have GT5 but for me it's boring, the rally courses are like driving on the air (terrible) but I can say that the graphics are really good!

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 15, 2012

hard to say

1. Driving Physics

depends which angle you look it it.

if you mean forcefeedback, brake fade, absless braking, sensitivity to elevation changes, and some other aspects; tokyo xtreme racer drift 2 still beats gt5 despite being an old ps2 game. Which is also assuming you tune your cars to handle like a real 1, since abs 3-4 feels like an absless car in txrd2, while abs0 locks as soon as you tap the brakes.

gt5 wins in a lot of other aspects. the biggest 1 for me being cars dont over correct too early when i drift. but then again you can't use anything close to drift tires. Braking understeer is probably best on gt5.

if you include pc games, its possible iracing is more realistic than anything on console. but i havent tried it.

2. Crash Physics

maybe grid. I'm not sure

3. Damage

dont know how you separate this from crash physics. if you mean handling affected by damage. I usually play with damage cosmetic and affects off, since i'm not the type who likes wrecking cars anyways.

4. Graphics

GT5

5. Car Audio

not sure

6. Customization

depends.

you mean tuning, or vinyls/decals.

if you mean vinyls: any pc game destroy anything on a console, since you can literally just edit with photoshop or any image editor. being able to cut/paste pics makes it a lot easier.

if you just go with console games: I say racing battle c1gp. basically it's like txr3's painting, except you can use an eye toy to take pictures and paste them on. Which makes it a lot easier than forza's playing with shape, or txr3's painting.

if you mean tuning: I will again go with txrd2. you can sets steering angles, ebrake strength, wheel sizes, etc. which forza & gt5 does not let you do.

but again if you count pc games, some ppl can literally edit the physics and make their own cars. which defeats anything you can do in a realistic console game. Assuming you have the skills/time to make your own mods

7.course realism

something I felt like adding. again I go with the txr series for successfully making the wangan, c1, etc lines in a game. and txr drift for being the only game with lazer traced touge. I'm not sure if they lazer traced the shutouko series lines. but both of these series has no fictional courses, and seem to be done pretty realistically.

I know gt5 has some courses which are realistic rendered and some fictional courses. Not sure how realistic games like tdu, horizon, etc made their open world, but it's not as cool as being on a japanese road.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 3, 2013
For me, Shift 2 unleashed.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes