Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 04/19/2010
Offline
932 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 10, 2010
You REALLY think this is the place for a lame religious debate about a character in a game?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA come on dude. I am not dropping out because I am losing, I am dropping out because your argument is lame, and full of holes. Like EVERY religious argument that ever took place. Soon you will start spouting crap about having faith and trusting without proof blah blah... just not interested in an ignorant argument over nothing...

I NEVER intended to have a religious debate with you at a playstation forum, and if that is what you came for, and are expecting, then I am sorry to burst your bubble.

IT IS A CHARACATER IN A GAME! Get over it! Take your desire for religious debate elsewhere...

I have my opinion, you have yours, drop it at that, and for once, admit that just because someone has a different religious belief than you, that doesn't mean they are automatically wrong and need taught about God or Jesus.
...
..
.
My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 21 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
3512 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 10, 2010

Wow...hey gang..Im sorry if I got you all riled up...Sure didnt mean to....

 

BTW..My story ended different...Hmmmm..

Thinks of playing it again from the start...

Message 22 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/19/2010
Offline
932 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 10, 2010

 


musicman1234 wrote:

Wow...hey gang..Im sorry if I got you all riled up...Sure didnt mean to....

 

BTW..My story ended different...Hmmmm..

Thinks of playing it again from the start...


 

LOL, it's all good musicman... hope you got some kind of answer... my original answer still holds true... which was....

 

 

"NO..."  regardless of people's OPINIONS (which in other forums has been argued to death without end between God, The Devil, and his conscience.  Take from it what you will, as long as you are enjoying the game...

 

Playing it again from the start tells me you enjoyed it!  

 

HD

...
..
.
My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 23 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/25/2009
Offline
1293 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering) *spoiler!*

Jun 10, 2010

 


NeonReaver wrote:

Personally my take on it is much more simple

 

  • The opinion I got was that it was a ghost of a past guy that John had murdered whenever he was in the gang with Dutch. Because when you first meet him he talks about some girl that John killed in the past if I recall. I think it's just a ghost that's haunting him, trying to figure him out, and why he's trying to redeem himself

 

  • I think the guy is death. Because he says: "I'm an accountant, i'm doing my accounting" He marked the graves for John, Abagail, and Uncle, and when he gets damned by John, he says: "Many have." and he also says: "But you will be responsible for your actions." I think all of the evidence points to him being death.
Message 24 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 04/19/2010
Offline
932 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering) *spoiler!*

Jun 10, 2010

 


AlphaWolf777 wrote:

 


 

  • I think the guy is death. Because he says: "I'm an accountant, i'm doing my accounting" He marked the graves for John, Abagail, and Uncle, and when he gets damned by John, he says: "Many have." and he also says: "But you will be responsible for your actions." I think all of the evidence points to him being death.

 

Now there is an opinion I could buy as well...

 

Besides... Death DID come knocking later... (per se)

...
..
.
My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 25 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/15/2008
Offline
7583 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 10, 2010

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_Man

There are many theories as to who he is. One such theory is that he is John Marsten's Future Self had he not chosen a life of crime.

Message 26 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/18/2007
Offline
632 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 10, 2010

 


Crimson_Ryan wrote:

 

 

Just makes me think there are anti-Christian people out there who do not want to accept this because they don't believe in God.


 

I'm an atheist and I stand firm in my reasoning that the man in the game is meant to be GOD

How's that for shaking your world view?

To Perceive is to Suffer - Aristotle

Get your Portable ID!
Message 27 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 04/19/2010
Offline
932 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 10, 2010

 


Sk8man wrote:

 


Crimson_Ryan wrote:

 

 

Just makes me think there are anti-Christian people out there who do not want to accept this because they don't believe in God.


 

I'm an atheist and I stand firm in my reasoning that the man in the game is meant to be GOD

How's that for shaking your world view?


 

I can actually agree with most of the reasons people have the opinion of it being God, but all the other arguments have their strong points as well (Death, God, Conscience, Future Self, Devil).  But that is the beauty of a character like that, to get people talking.  Had R* wanted it to be for certain one specific answer, they would have let us know.  It would have been obvious and blatent.

 

Kudos to them for causing people to wonder...

...
..
.
My son's name is Hunter, so please call me HD...
Message 28 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/21/2008
Offline
6210 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 11, 2010

 


HunterDadHD wrote:

 


Sk8man wrote:

  • It's God

 

Disagree fully with the spoiler above.  

 

  • At one point the guy says you could kill the nun if you choose.  I seriously doubt anyone's version of God would suggest that except for ... well we won't go there. 

     

    I personally think it is his own conscience... getting back at him for things he did in his past that haunt him.

  •  

     

     


Except if he wanted John to be able to choose the right thing to do.

 

Message 29 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/24/2008
Offline
231 posts
 

Re: I know you! (Just wondering)

Jun 11, 2010

My take on this matter is that in the last run in at Beecher's Hope, The man say's "this is a nice place", John asks who he is and guy just vaguely ignores his question, and John says "DAMN YOU" and the man says "most people do",,, as in GD (his name in vein). 

So my conclusion is that they are making this man God. 

Message 30 of 42 (3 Views)
Reply
0 Likes